Job ID: 112592
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Location: India- Pune (Amdocs Site)
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on Snapchat or send your images on Instagram, you get great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Sets up, installs and maintains the software environments for any product permutation
What will your job look like?
- Work with different units (Version Manager, Development, Testing, customer) to provide software delivery from compilation to runtime (in simple and sophisticated environments) by seeking for accurate configuration and zero downtime for all utilities.
- Handle setup of various SCM (Software Configuration Management) environments and build mechanisms in Amdocs and non-Amdocs environments.
- Provide full mentorship on compiling, packaging and the SCM (Software Configuration Management) tool to development teams throughout all product life cycle phases.
- Optimize the build process: Implement the latest tools and improve existing utilities.
- Seek, build errors (simple & sophisticated) and provide immediate and long-term solutions.
- Craft, configure, install and upgrade environments (e.g. standalone, coordinated, clustered) throughout the product life cycle (Development, Testing, UAT, Production) for internal and external users.
- Configure third party software (Java, WL, Maven) in the various types of supported environments and builds in conjunction with development and architecture.
All you need is…
1) 24/7 support of production applications to ensure the highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity, security, and performance required by our business systems.
2) Understanding of the different stages of SDLC. concept of storage and version control in DevOps environment.
3) Ability to work in both Flat and Distributed applications setup, Proven ability to setup/install distributed environment. Must have minimum 3+ years’ experience on large production system.
4) Proficiency in Shell Scripting and Automation using Ansible and Jenkins. Knowledge of Python programming
5) Understanding of concept of Batch Processing and Scheduling Software’s.
6) Unix/Sun Solaris/Linux Server Administration experience.
7) Performance Monitoring and tuning
8) Good Knowledge of Unix and understanding of Unix administration concepts .
9) Basic understanding of the Middleware technologies like WebLogic, Oracle Tuxedo
10) Database concepts and SQLs
11) Network concepts
12) Design & Implementation of E2E environments
13) Knowledge of Telecom Domain or past experience in Amdocs Products (Ensemble, Enabler, OLC, OP, Maps, BSS pack etc)
14) Experience in Managing POC (Proof of Concept) of new Technologies, Third Party and New versions
Why you will love this job:
- You will have the opportunity to work in multinational environment for the global market leader in its field!
- As you will support excellent products, you will be able to assemble relevant data, identifies trends and root causes, and draws logical conclusions to develop solutions
- You will have extensive opportunities for professional development.
- We are a dynamic, multi-cultural organization that constantly innovates and empowers our employees to grow. Our people our passionate, daring, and phenomenal teammates that stand by each other with a dedication to creating a diverse, inclusive workplace!
- We offer a wide range of stellar benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as paid time off, sick time, and parental leave!
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce