Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Primarily responsible for the identification/development of IT solutions for external clients using company products, outsourced IT solutions and/or proprietary tools/techniques that others implement. Defines client needs and develops a plan and proposal for delivery of the project. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
The Main Responsibilities
- Create application design and high-level design based on requirements
- Architect, Design and Develop all ETL components including data acquisition, cleansing, standardization, validation, staging and database persistence using POS systems.
- Coordinate and provide specifications on Systems Analysis, Design and Architecture.
- Develop test plan and scripts, conducting testing, and dealing with business partners to conduct end-user acceptance testing.
- Perform requirements gathering/documentation and coordinate implementation of requested enhancements for the applications.
- Ensuring that all production changes are processed according to release management policies and procedures.
- Ensure that appropriate levels of quality assurance have been met for all new and existing applications / Change Requests.
- Ensure that application changes are fully documented, supportable. facilitate implementation of specific business processes.
- Unit test and integration test the functionalities, fixing the bugs and smoke testing to provide the quality solution to the client
- Create documents describing the functionality of various modules of the project and help client understanding the Functionalities through document and training.
- Responsible for Lab Management Activities by setting up test platforms according to the required configurations.
- Provide an estimate of the Lab Setup available for testing purposes.
- Manage database servers and build/replace existing servers according to the project requirements
- Responsible for applying new builds across the lab with new Lab releases.
- Responsible for Regression testing activities and acquiring sign off on lab build.
- Prepares and updates written material and explanations to accompany systems, programs, and program changes
- Coordinates and executes testing for multiple major applications.
- Develops and coordinates training for client personnel
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Independently resolves errors and issues as they occur with minimum involvement and guidance from management
- Bachelor’s degree and above in Information Technology.
- Experience in various testing platforms like HPQC, tools and systems.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in managing Point of Sale Lab System and components.
- Good understanding of retail and optical processes
Requisition #: 260761
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.