Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
We are looking for a Technology Architect, specializing in Contact Center Service technology, who is passionate about leveraging technology innovation for the betterment of humanity. This exciting customer-facing Technology Architect role will work in partnership with our Sales, Solution Engineering & Customer Success Executives, leading innovative conversations that help shape the growth of our enterprise customers in the Contact Center space, as they embrace the 4th Industrial Revolution. Technology Architects design and architect solutions utilizing our technology services platform. The successful Technology Architect must have a strong desire to leverage their technical and sales skills, including business acumen, to understand business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, and effectively present solutions that address our customers’ requirements and provide business value.
The Main Responsibilities
- Contact Center Services Technology Architect works with the Sales Account Executives on developing new business across all Lumen Contact Center product lines. (Hosted and Cloud based)
- Walk our clients through Lumen Contact Center Solutions via demos, workshops, and presentations to outline how our applications deliver customer experience transformation and outline benefits for specific users such as agents, supervisors, and administrators.
- Specialized Solution Design: This role is the go-to expert for Solution Engineers at Lumen when very deep knowledge and experience is needed for a particular technology or product. Clarifies ambiguous requirements with sales and clients, ensuring the solution resolves underlying client issues. Provides guidance and alternatives to customer’s requirements. May interpret customer requirements based on limited information.
- Specialist Expertise: Within the specialist vertical, provide on-demand design, solution best practices and industry expertise to the sales teams during the Learn/Buy/Get phases of the customer lifecycle experience. By proactively pulling in other specialists, expand the solution to be cross functional and multi-product. Follows industry technology trends through self-study and formal training and shares this knowledge with the teams they support along with their peer groups.
- Product Partnership: Partners with Product Management in areas of process and design improvement within specific product area and contacts impacted departments to recommend potential solutions. Proactively provides input on strategic and tactical plans for new product development to teams across the organization.
- Customer Meetings: Leads and/or attends customer meetings in person and via collaboration tools. Prepares and delivers technical proposals and presentations with the appropriate level of business acumen for the audience. Provides broad scope responses to solution and technology questions. Demonstrates advanced solution selling abilities and effective, pro-active customer communications. Interacts with all levels of customer’s management team.
- Custom Solutions: Exceptional understanding of technical and product boundaries within areas of specialization and understanding of multi-product solutions and how these products interact with each other as to what is standard, what is available via special approval process, and what is not able to be provided. Partner with account team to shepherd custom requirements through sign-off process.
- Sales Enablement: Works to self-enable the Sales Teams by freely sharing knowledge of process, key contacts, technology, and product in their area of specialization over the phone, in writing or through live trainings.
What We Look For in a Candidate
5+ years of relevant professional experience, including the following:
- Technical knowledge covering associated Contact Center technologies, such as surveys, quality management, recording, workforce management, IVR, PCI-compliance.
- Experience working in the following areas, VOIP, SIP, Messaging, Carrier Infrastructure, IP networking, and security.
- Experience and expertise with CCaaS platforms (Amazon, Genesys, or other)
- Proven experience in defining the return on investment in any given proposal.
- Being able to propose a solution that is mapped to the business requirements, including scoping of functional and non-functional specifications, High-Level Design, Sizing, etc.
- Being able to prescribe to the customer about in which order will be best to implement a solution to minimize impact and maximize benefit.
- Be a Grade A+ in presenting skills, with the presence to be able to command workshops to successful conclusions.
- Review quotes, RFPs, plans, and other customer documentation – providing technical information and clarifying questions and uncertainties for both Lumen and our customers.
- You will be outgoing, energetic & passionate about our solutions, you’ll be comfortable in articulating our solution and convincing decision-makers.
- Some travel may be required
- Cloud or CCaaS (Contact Center as a Service) -based Sales experience preferred.
- Broad knowledge of the call center market
- Some understanding of APIs and software development
Requisition #: 256971
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.