Additional Locations: [[Spencer, IN ]]
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
Hours: Weekend 3rd shift, Friday – Sunday 6pm – 6am – 3 days on – 4 days off
About the role:
Assist Manufacturing Engineers in the design, development, documentation, prototyping, testing, validation and implementation of new/improved medical devices and related manufacturing processes.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineers to design fixtures, jigs, tooling, and equipment to address Lean Manufacturing related issues as well as quality and ergonomic issues.
- Product design analysis will also be utilized to help determine solutions to quality and performance related problems. Must be literate in functional dimensioning and tolerance stack-up analysis. Once 3d solid model is complete individual will be responsible for detailing drawings in accordance to ANSI Y14.5.
- Provide day-to-day manufacturing support, evaluating/addressing production concerns/problems through troubleshooting the design of components, tooling, fixtures and equipment.
- Implement productivity improvement projects resulting in improved manufacturing yields/efficiencies. Perform various test functions on devices/equipment and provide meaningful analysis/interpretation of data.
- Record and document all projects, tasks and results per lab notebook/Spencer SOPn++s as well as QSR/ISO procedures.
- Must be able to comply with requirements of requirements of ISO 14001 and BSC Environmental, Health and Safety standards and follow procedures and instructions related to these standards.
What we are looking for:
- AA Degree or equivalent work experience in related discipline and 3+ years of related experience
- Proven record of working closely and successfully with manufacturing and process development engineers
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Basic understanding of medical device documentation requirements
- Great attitude and strong desire to learn new skills
- Manufacturing background
Requisition ID: 509315
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.