Who we are looking for
We are seeking a Project Engineer located at our Omaha, Nebraska location who will report to and work closely with the Engineering Team Lead(s) to execute large scale solutions projects. In this role you will be responsible for coordinating all engineering activities in the design of GSI products including structures, fertilizer blend facilities, and conveyance projects, to support Engineer to Order (ETO) requirements as well as new product development requirements. This includes creation of general arrangement drawings for customer approval and coordination with design engineers on detailed design activities and manufacturing drawings. You will also be responsible for providing project management support on customer projects involving the integration of multiple GSI products.
What you will do
- Coordinate with the customer to gather all needed requirements, clarify the design, and coordinate model review and approvals. This includes leading the creation of any needed GA (general arrangement) and approval models/drawings. The project engineer can work with a design engineer on projects with many approval drawings.
- Coordinate upfront scope definition, customer specifications and RFP reviews, quote reviews, general arrangement development, engineering and delivery schedule management, and site installation and commissioning support and services.
- Creation of Approval Models and drawings
- Post customer approval the project engineer will lead the creation of the shop drawings and customer package drawings. Including direct work in CAD on models and drawings.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Sales, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, R&T, Technical Service, etc. to deliver product designs which meet business requirements
- Define and manage project schedules, and key milestone deliverables, including potential scheduling conflicts and delays, and coordinate work activities among internal and external team members
What you will bring
- BS in Civil, Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering, or a related technical field required.
- 5+ years of experience of design/product engineering
- 5+ Years of Solid Modeling experience
A plus if you have
- Experience in the Agricultural Industry
- Solid Modeling experience using CREO
- Project management experience or certification
Who are you
- Good verbal and written communication skills, along with highly organized work habits including strong time management skills.
- Ability to work in a deadline oriented, fast paced, and flexible environment
- Strong mechanical & technical aptitude with the ability to deliver innovative products and solutions required
- Experience working across business functions including (purchasing, sales, shipping, logistics, manufacturing, quality ect