Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
START A NEW CAREER WITH LUMEN WHILE WORKING FROM HOME!
TRAINING STARTS MARCH 7TH!!
Lumen is seeking upbeat customer service contact center representatives to assist current voice and high-speed internet small business customers with service-related issues including hardware and software configurations. All contacts are inbound and are technical support only, NO SALES REQUIREMENTS. Combined with your current computer skills, Lumen has a technical support training program for you to achieve success. This is a full-time, WORK-AT-HOME contact center position.
This position is eligible for up to $3000 bonus based on the following: $1000 sign-on bonus, $1000 bonus after 3 months from start date, $1000 bonus after 9 months from start date.
You’ll start at $16.36 per hour. After 6 months you will receive $17.26 per hour, and then $18.27 per hour after your first full year of service.
Working at Lumen you’ll receive:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 401K Savings with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Fully funded tuition assistance program (up to $5,200 per year available)!
- Fitness reimbursement (up to $300 per year)
- Wellness Rewards (up to $600 self or $1200 per couple)
- Survivor Benefit (6 months salary paid to surviving eligible family members)
- $1,000 Bonus for eligible employee referrals
- Works with customers to identify service-related needs and offers the most appropriate solutions providing world-class customer service.
- Diagnoses and resolves basic network and modem functionality issues including landline troubleshooting.
- Walks customers through common phone hardware and software configurations to maximize service functionality.
- Provides solutions and resolution resources for customer repair problems.
- Interfaces with customers over the phone providing status updates and ensuring service has been restored.
- Schedules a technician dispatch for on-site service calls when necessary.
- Escalates appropriate technical issues to upper-level technical support when needed.
This is a home-based position. You will need to provide internet access. You will need a home environment which is free from distractions which might interrupt calls. To be eligible you must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming.
- Requires customer contact and the ability to effectively communicate over the phone with both internal and external customers.
- Must be a consistently flexible, independent, self-motivated problem solver who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills when working with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime is required.
- Ability to multi-task in a Microsoft Windows environment and utilize multiple programs for troubleshooting.
- Experience with common internet software is preferred.
- Preferred but not required: 6 months experience in technical support, help desk, and/or contact centers.
As a Work at Home employee, Lumen will supply you a laptop running Windows 10, second Monitor, Key board, Mouse, and USB headset. You must meet the following physical/logistical requirements for “at home” work in this position:
- Must subscribe to High Speed Internet Service with minimum speed of 10 mbps (No VoIP service is allowed).
- PC must be physically connected to modem/router using Ethernet cable (i.e. computer cannot be run on a wireless connection).
- You are responsible for establishing a dedicated workplace in your home or work location.
- The workplace must have adequate work surface and be free of background noise and distractions.
- During assigned work hours you must make arrangements for childcare and ensure that pets or others cannot be heard by customers.
Requisition #: 277606
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.