Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas. At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to Michigan – Count on Us! Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of Michigan’s 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
The Infrastructure & Attachment Surveys Specialist responsibilities include management of attachment surveys to update annual rental records and address noncompliance with NESC and Consumers Energy standards. The position oversees the department’s Safety Clearance Inspections, Corrective Action Work, Completed Permit Assessments and Surveys.
- Manage workload in SAP notification queue
- Manage Attachment Surveys for record maintenance and compliance with NESC and Consumers Energy standards.
- Manage Completed Permit Assessments to verify attachments are constructed in accordance to the approved permit
- Create and manage notifications for Safety Clearance Inspections and Corrective Action work
- Create SAP costs and billing for Safety Clearance Inspections, Correction Action, work and annual rental payments
- Identification of owner and type of all pole attachments
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply engineering standards
- Negotiate payments with clients
- Work with communication companies, schools, hospitals, and governmental agencies
- Track projects in spreadsheets and/or databases
- Communicate work to internal departments (forestry, scheduling, construction, etc.)
- Support key department initiatives such as MIJUNS, DCA reconciliation, problem solving, and other continuous improvements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage and organize multiple projects at once, develop innovative solutions to problems, make independent decisions and meet deadlines
- Ability to work as an independent contributor with minimal supervision at the assigned physical work location
- The Infrastructure Attachments department assists with storm and emergency restoration activities and includes both office and field assignments; employees must be willing to work additional hours as necessary and available to assist with storm restoration activities
- Ability to perform the above-mentioned duties in a safe manner at all times; driving to and from field (including remote) sites is required and the individual must be able to perform this function in all Michigan seasons
- 5 or more years of applicable experience and a High School diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license
- Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Attachment industry experience- familiar with process to permit
Primary location is Jackson- Parnall- flexibility to be remote
- Performs technical support functions and more complex tasks including establishing workload and organizing and conducting assignments according to deadlines.
- Sets up tech support systems including record maintenance, data submission, and project management. Provides backup department support.
- Prepares reports and tech support material as directed from time to time. Maintains confidentiality.
- Performs or establishes procedures for tech support functions and actions including records, tracking of information, maintaining logs/spreadsheet, and other similar technical support.
- Under general direction, prepares special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, other areas of the Company, etc.
- Ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to appropriate staff members; ensures that information is furnished in a timely manner; decides whether a higher authority should be notified of important or emergency matters. Periodically evaluates process and program effectiveness and takes action to maintain continuous improvement. Follows all safety rules and procedures and contributes to the safety of co-workers and the general public.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.