Who We Are Looking For:
AGCO, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Technical Service Specialist to join our team in Hesston, KS. The Technical Service Specialist will play a key part in providing accurate and prompt service direction to dealer and/or field service inquiries via telephone and the web for the assigned AGCO products. In addition, the Technical Service Specialist is responsible for communicating with dealers and internal staff on troubleshooting and diagnosis of all technical issues for assigned products.
Note: Relocation assistance is available to the Hesston, KS area for this position.
What You Will Do:
- Technical inquiries / communications: Responsible for processing telephone and web based dealer inquiries related to AGCO machinery performance, reliability, product features & service administration in a timely manner. The Technical Service Specialist will mainly interact with dealer service managers and dealer technicians.
• Problem investigation: Use existing tools (AGCO Tech Connect, Salesforce, Technical Publications, Phones, etc.) to research technical solutions. This can involve field and dealer investigation trips to better understand and document a machinery issue. Highly technical machine issues also require working with AGCO diagnostic tools and systems. Technical Service Specialists will also work with fellow Technical Service Specialists, engineering, marketing, and other AGCO field teams to seek proper resolutions for machinery issues.
• Technical Communication: Provide a professional response in AGCO Tech Connect (a technical information web database) and phone system that is consistent with defined standards governing content, quality and structure.
What You Will Bring:
- A high school diploma is required
- Associates/Technical degree in a related field (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Ag System Technology, Ag Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Technology, or a related field (Preferred)
Qualifications and Experience
- AA/BA or equivalent experience in the following:
- Hands on diagnostic support for Ag or heavy duty/automotive equipment experience or equivalent
- Use of Volt Ohms Meter (VOM), CAN bus/ OBD II (On-Board Diagnostics) Interface equipment to diagnose issues
- Troubleshooting electronic, hydraulic and powertrain systems for agricultural, automotive or heavy duty equipment
- Previous experience working at an Ag Dealership in a Technical Support role (Preferred)
- Accomplished communication capabilities (verbal and written)
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office
- Bilingual capability preferred – English, French (preferred), Spanish.
What We Offer:
Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit while helping us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world’s nearly 8 billion people. From the day you decide to join AGCO, we want to engage and excite you and we’re clear on where we want to go as a business and we trust you to help us there. Whether you want to learn a new skill or you aspire to do something different, we can help you develop the skills you need to take your career – and our business – to the next level.
We also invite you to “Make the Most of You” – Benefits include: health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more…
Willingness to travel when required.
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
AGCO is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural engineering with a portfolio of exciting international brands which deliver solutions to farmers in 140 countries through a full line offer from tractors and combine harvesters to protein production systems and smart farming software solutions – to an environment where the future is happening now.