Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Under limited supervision, responsible for determining points of failure as well as diagnosing and repairing faults for service incidents reported by external customers. Depending on the specific group within the organization, the focus may be in:
- (FAST) Fast diagnose and isolation of the fault, within a predefined time span; if the fault could not be solved, it will be derived to the other teams as determined by the diagnosis;
- Access and Customer Premises Equipment (CPE), responsible for ultimately solving all faults related with access networks, equipment, and CPEs;
- (CORE) Core technologies, responsible for ultimately solving all faults related with the core network.
The Main Responsibilities
- Coaches junior staff members.Communicates with Local Exchange Carriers (LECs) to open and track third-party incidents.
- Dispatches sub-cases to appropriate technology and/or experts team. Works in conjunction with experts until final repair.
- For problems involving several countries, dispatches referral cases as appropriate to the TSCs of the other countries.
- Provides accurate status updates to customers, related to the troubleshooting, plan of action and repair.
- Registers all communications, tests, advances and ultimate resolution of the problem in the ticketing system using a standard template.
- Regularly checks the team’s queue to take ownership of new incoming cases.
- Understands the problem description (either written or verbally). Using several management tools and consoles, bounds the point of failure and ultimately solves the problem. Interacts as needed with customers, field technicians and LECs to diagnose and solve the problem. If required, gets access granted for technicians to customer premises. Dispatches field technicians as required.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 5 years of experience.
- Experience with Dokuviz and trouble ticketing systems required.
- Advanced level of experience and/or knowledge in one, and intermediate level in the other two major technical groupings: FAST (troubleshooting methods, diagnosis criteria, measurement techniques, CPE), Last Mile (access technologies: copper, fiber, radio, satellite; CPEs: routers, switches and interface converters; IP and Ethernet protocols – CCNA preferred), Core (transmission technologies: SDH, PDH, SONET, MPLS, Ethernet; PEs: routers and switches; network topology; IP and Ethernet protocols – CCNP preferred).
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. Methodical, organized and detail-oriented.
- Very strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Effective conflict management ability.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-, detail- and customer-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
- Team player with a great passion to succeed. Ability to work individually as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload.
- Resourceful, innovative, and creative.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with technical peers.
- Provide training to junior TSCs as needed.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and with a high work-load maintaining effectiveness.
Requisition #: 257604
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.