Flowers is seeking forward-thinking, creative innovators to join us on our digital transformation journey. You are invited to join a dynamic, entrepreneurial team that owns the end-to-end journey of digital products from research to development to deployment. You will drive significant impact to fundamentally redesign our ways of working and embed digital capabilities. If you are an avid thinker and doer interested in transforming a leading business, learn more about the available roles on our team today!
Position is responsible for creating product roadmap in support of the broader product strategy and for defining the strategic vision for their team which is driven by the overall product vision. Position requires a deep understanding of the target market / industry and the ability to build close relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that the team’s effort is aligned with overall strategy.
Position manages dependencies with other team’s functions while identifying, building and managing strategic partnership across the different teams. Position is accountable overall for effective and accurate requirements gathering. Position also works closely within their team to ensure business value and that user feedback is translated into new developments and requirements, as necessary.
Incumbent must meet specific business KPIs / outcomes based on the area of the product in which position is focused.
Position requires an incumbent with high-energy and passion to the job with the ability to influence the team and other key stakeholders. The incumbent must be able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable and effective workplace. The incumbent must be passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging/disruptive technology. The successful incumbent wants to unleash inner self-starter, wants to work in and develop an environment that fosters entrepreneurial minds while believing in a culture of deep transparency and trust. Incumbent must be open to learning new ideas outside current scope or knowledge.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set ambitious and clear product strategy and vision and communicate it effectively to stakeholders, the team, and the rest of the unit
- End-to-end team output strategy from inception to production
- Collaboration with stakeholders to ensure digital vision and products align within team strategy and product requirements
- Accountable for product specific KPIs once solution enters production and communicate regular tracking of key performance metrics to stakeholders against product strategy and vision
- Utilize market and industry knowledge to translate user needs into user stories, acceptance criteria, and requirements for their team. Maintain a backlog 3 to 4 sprints ahead of the team
- Works closely with CPO to establish each product’s business value and support messaging, communication, and customer outreach as needed
- Facilitates release planning with stakeholders as well as weekly demos
- Is a key role on Agile team(s) and works onsite with the team on a daily basis, leveraging Jira, Scrum, Kanban, and SAFe methodology)
- Integrates usability studies and research into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction and ensure customer driven design
- Align outward facing product requirements and stakeholders.
- Manage internal and external partnerships relevant to selected domains / technologies.
- Utilize team collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently.
- Practice and comply with all Company policies and procedures (EEO, Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes – Oxley, etc.).
- Perform other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures
7+ years of experience working in Product Owner/management roles
Must have knowledge and experience in the following:
- Experienced in facilitating agile ceremonies, managing a backlog/release plan, tracking team level metrics, removing blockers (burndown chart, release burn up, etc.)
- Deep experience leading with teams in an agile setting, preferably using Jira, Scrum, Kanban, and SAFe
- Proven knowledge of standard product management practices, technology and supporting industry principles
- Experience with digital products, including product strategy, vision, and gathering of requirements
- Relevant technical skills (e.g., SQL) to support product management activities, data collection, etc., as needed
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 7/28/2021. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Malinda Gwen Black at Malinda.Black@flocorp.com or 334 707-1986.