Job ID: 122629
Required Travel :Up to 25%
Managerial – No
Location: :Ireland- Dublin (Amdocs Site)
Who are we?
Openet is an Amdocs Acquired company
Winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Award (2017 & 2018) Openet provides the solutions and consulting services that enables service provider’s fast-track their digital journeys. Our solutions process more than 20 billion events and transactions every day and do this across more than 330 million subscribers for more than 75 service providers worldwide. We deliver the most innovative and high-performance software for these businesses to grow and evolve and we currently partner with 7 out of the 10 largest global telecommunication service providers. Openet is incredibly proud that 11% of mobile data traffic is enabled using our software.
Employing almost 700 people worldwide (plus 27,000 as part of Amdocs), since its foundation in 1999, Openet has been at the forefront of telecoms software development and innovation. Our success is signified by the many long-term relationships we have fostered with the largest, most progressive, and demanding operators across the globe. We delight at turning innovation into business value.
The Product Manager will be part of the Openet Charging Product Management organisation and will interface with many of the Openet teams including Sales, Sales Solution Consulting, Solution Delivery and Product Development. They should have relevant working experience and be able to clearly articulate examples of past work experiences and references. The role is ideal for someone who is excited about working in a fast-paced environment that is both dynamic and flexible.
This is an individual contributor role with very high visibility and importance in the company. In addition to working with key strategic customers to understand their business needs and use cases – when product gaps are identified, the role requires the ability to present the customers vision to other stakeholders; defending and adapting the positioning as necessary based on all party’s feedback. To communicate the vision of major new features effectively the role requires the ability to create extensive high-quality supporting collateral and deliver the message with strong presentation skills in front of both internal and external audiences.
What will your job look like?
- Manage customer relationships regarding alignment of solution needs with product roadmap deliverables from the product management perspective with little direct supervision.
- Work with the field teams, and customers, to define customer-specific product requirements.
- Work closely within the Product Management team to align on priorities and the Product Development teams on the technical requirements and manage the associated backlog.
- Negotiate and communicate product roadmap additions and their unique differentiators to internal groups and outside partners/customers
- Create user stories and use cases for Product Development.
- Ensure the right blend of trade-offs to maximize the product impact in the marketplace
- Work with product marketing and sales to create product positioning, content, collateral and tools
- Create high quality product literature and presentations independently to support communication of new strategic product initiatives
- Present material to external audiences and chair workshops to solicit feedback of new features
- Hands on approach to understanding, configuring and testing software
All you need is…
- Various years of experience in product management or technical pre-sales roles in Telecoms
- Experience in a customer-facing technical role (including responding to RFPs)
- Previous architecture experience – specifically with telecoms software systems, and ideally with distributed and cloud-native applications at scale
- Experience in working in projects involving network integration e.g. OCS and Charging/CHF/CCS deployments
- Good basis of 3GPP & TM Forum Standard understanding is an advantage
- 5G OSS/BSS and standards experience is also an advantage
- Commercial and technical awareness of the Policy, Charging and Network Control elements and their associated marketplaces
- Displays a constructive and positive attitude and actively promotes the passing on and sharing of knowledge within Openet i.e. has a collaborative working style.
Why you will love this job:
- Drive market research together with third party vendors to build thought leadership around offering domains to establish Amdocs as a key player!
- Develop and execute a cross-organization sales enablement plan to address different needs per role and region for all Sales.
- Engage with customers on a broad level to deliver marketing messages and supports lead initiation and sales efforts.
- Attract participation in industry events (speaking, participation, sponsorships, awards, etc.), as relevant, to drive lead generation and awareness.
- Ability to grow and gain many opportunities for professional development
- We are a dynamic, multi-cultural organization that constantly innovates and empowers our employees to grow. Our people our passionate, daring, and phenomenal teammates that stand by each other with a dedication to creating a diverse, inclusive workplace!
- We offer a wide range of stellar benefits including health, dental, and life insurance as well as paid time off, sick time, and parental leave!
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce