The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Technical Marketing Manager based in NA will provide technical support for the DBD group within PCG to our customer base, In the digital ink and digital media coatings sectors. A primary focus will be on our OEM partners and leading digital media providers.
The successful candidate will work in conjunction with the regional Account manager to provide technical marketing support on existing products and new product marketing activities, be the voice of the customer and contribute to the development of new product ideas. Digital Business Development remains a crucial focus growth area for PCG with the trajectory of $11MM to 48MM.
Essential Job Functions
- Accountable to obtain technical approval from customers and willbe measured by the commercial success of those approvals
- Co-ordinate with the sales team and customers to ensure that all technical support, projects, inquiries, and developments for the DBD platform are addressed and satisfied in a professional and timely manner
- Provide all necessary support in the implementation of new product launches, related activities, and entry into new market segments where applicable
- Provide the technical link between Lubrizol’s applications laboratory and the customer
- Work in line with business focus areas and the Strategic Business Plan
- Manage own customer support plan in coordination with the sales team
- Help develop technical selling tools for the business to use in the Market with emphasis on value selling
- Be instrumental in proposals for the generation of new product ideas
- Provide first-hand knowledge of customer applications, test methods, and test equipment
- Travel as and when required for customer visits and internal/external meetings, etc.
- Work within the Company’s Ethical, Legal, and HS&E guidelines always
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in equivalent in chemistry, or related field
- Ability to travel across North America extensively (up to 50% of the time)
- Technical experience and knowledge of Digital Print market and applications of which are products are sold working within Digital print applications
- Minimum two years experience in communication and working directly with customers
- Global Team player
- Results Driven and customer focus
- Communications & Presentation skills
Lubrizol Offers Great Benefits Including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match
click HERE to learn more!
While headquartered in the United States, Lubrizol is truly a global specialty chemical company. We have a major presence in five global regions and do business in more than 100 countries. Our corporate culture ensures that Lubrizol is one company throughout the world, but you will find each region is a unique place to work, live and play.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.