No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 101101 – Villawood, New South Wales, Australia
We are Colgate – a caring, innovative growth company reimagining a healthier future for all people, their pets, and our planet. We are a leading global consumer products company with a portfolio in Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. We serve consumers in more than 200 countries and territories around the world and are proud that Colgate-Palmolive is in more homes than any other brand.
Our strong culture of collaboration, diversity, sustainability and inclusion is rooted in our core values of Caring, Global Teamwork and Continuous Improvement. Employees are rewarded by rich development and career experiences and progression.
We pride ourselves on our work life balance, our focus on delivering high ethical standards and our dedication to developing our employees. With many local benefits such as Live Better activities, Product Parcels and Health Checks.
This is a rare opportunity to join a global market leader and the opportunities are endless!
About the Role
The Production Team Leader [PTL] is responsible for effectively managing production activities and resources for manufacturing areas to deliver the agreed business results and drive continuous improvement while maintaining positive employee relations. The PTL achieves this through collaborative partnerships with Supply Chain colleagues and cross-functional partners. The primary accountabilities of the role include daily production schedule adherence, customer service, area financial performance, implementation of Operational Excellence initiatives (EHS, Quality, FP&R), Microbiology, Labor Relations, people and team development.
- Manages people, materials and equipment by active presence on the shop floor to achieve the daily production schedule and deliver area KPI’s
- Accountable for Operational Excellence initiatives (EHS, Quality, FP&R) and activities of the production area to deliver high levels of service to internal and external customers
- Effectively addresses labour relations issues in the area as appropriate according to our Managing with Respect principles
- Tracks and analyses financial variances associated with materials, finished products and other components of the plants’ conversion cost including labour cost and operating supplies
- Accountable for adhering to Colgate-Palmolive standards and governmental regulations related to area of responsibility
- Ensures compliance with facility policies and procedures e.g. crewing, shift rotation, vacation scheduling etc. to meet business needs
- Identifies, recommends and implements manufacturing cost reduction programs
- Executes new technology
- Communicates and implements the local Supply Chain vision, mission, strategy, and objectives
- Ensures the development of people, teams, and organisational capabilities by way of training, information sharing, mentor, feedback, delegation, and performance management
- Understands and applies core technical principles, including vocabulary, key concepts, definitions, tools and applicable industry models
- Applies technical expertise and creativity to proactively identify and address potential problems using appropriate resources and tools
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and redesigns processes to simplify, increase efficiency and value and manage risk
- Collects and integrates information from different sources to identify patterns, trends and solutions
- Demonstrates complex problem solving ability and analytical thinking skills
- Sees the technical problem in context of the broader business challenges, dependencies and processes
- Willingly transfers technical, business and general knowledge and expertise to others internally and externally through education, documentation and presentations
- Demonstrates strong understanding of governmental, regulatory and compliance requirements for area of expertise
- Actively pursues external opportunities to develop and maintain knowledge, skills and necessary expertise to achieve positive results and to improve own performance
- Understands evolving trends and benefits of technical developments and applies appropriately to improve Company performance
The Ideal Candidate
- Tertiary Qualification in relevant manufacturing or engineering fields
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience required in FMCG manufacturing environment
- Experience in managing dynamic teams
Career Development Options
Planning Team Leader, Productivity & Continuous Improvement Leader, Maintenance Manager, Engineering Manager, Operations Manager, EHS Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.