The Team Leader is a vital role in the PCI organization. The Team Leader is responsible for delivering excellent services to PCI clients; managing, developing, and mentoring associates; while ensuring account profitability. Team Leaders also deliver client services. Highly functional teams are at the center of PCI’s success strategy and the Team Leader contributes directly to the success of his or her team.
The Team Leader reports directly to the Team Manager or Director, depending upon the organizational structure for a specific team. This position is non-exempt for technical teams; i.e., calibration service teams. And exempt for non-technical teams; i.e., the Consulting and Commissioning teams. Twenty-five to Fifty percent travel may be required based on accounts and client needs.
The expectations of a Team Leader fall under three main categories.
- Communication and Engagement with Clients
Team Leaders interface with clients on many different levels and are expected to genuinely engage with our clients representing PCI culture and carrying out the PCI mission statement.
Team Leaders are expected to identify and pursue new opportunities for business at existing and potential new clients. The Team Leader is responsible for meeting with client contacts on a routine basis to deliver maximum support, solicit feedback, deliver proposals, renew POs and keep clients informed of all PCI’s service offerings.
The Team Leader is expected to actively participate in at least one professional organization (i.e. ISPE, PDA, NCSL, or ASQ). This allows PCI to carry out our mission of being recognized as an industry leader.
- Manage and Lead our Associates
Team Leaders are responsible for leading, communicating with and, managing associates, providing feedback, conducting timely performance reviews, assisting with the execution of development plans, approving PTO, timesheets and expense reports, attending to occasional disciplinary matters, and all other functions associated with managing and leading associates. The Team Leader is expected to heavily engage with the mentoring process for new hires. In addition, the Team Leader also performs and oversees calibration and other technical services.
- Manage Risk and Profitability through Project Successes
Team Leaders are responsible for managing the risk and profitability of their projects. They rely on their manager to better understand team financials and steps they can take in order to positively impact their team. Team Leaders must supervise resources, develop schedules, and associate assignments to maximize labor utilization. The Team Leader is responsible for ensuring client onsite regulatory requirements such as: specific GMP gowning, safety training, and contractor training. This includes coordinating team member travel reservations and third party services, and maintaining PCI client account files in accordance to company procedures. All project risks and issues must be clearly and promptly communicated to the Team Manager/PCI management.
- Ensure all team members complete calibrations, consulting, commissioning, qualifications, mapping, and PMs with accurate and timely GxP documentation, and that all team members follow PCI or client specific policies and procedures.
- Lead and provides guidance, direction and effective solutions to clients and team.
- Host and participate in internal and client specific meetings, providing information such as new services, client expansions, resources and scheduling issues, etc. (monthly)
- Proactively assess project safety concerns and ensure PCI team members are in compliance with any and all client and/or PCI site safety requirements.
- Uphold, mentor, and be a role model to other PCI associates on the PCI philosophy and values through honesty, integrity, self-motivation, teamwork, pride and commitment.
- Develop client quotes and proposals.
- Monitor resource scheduling such that labor utilization is maximized and forecasts are maintained. Notifies all resources and appropriate management in a timely manner of any schedule changes or breaks. Reviews schedule weekly and plan accordingly.
- Ensure timesheets submittal and approval in accordance to policy.
- Up to 75% of work time may be client billable activities based on business need and team structure.
This position requires extensive knowledge and application of instrument, equipment and loop calibrations of various parameters in manufacturing, utilities, and laboratory environments. Extensive instrumentation and troubleshooting skills and a thorough understanding of NIST, GMP, and other regulated standards and guidelines. Knowledge and substantial experience with calibration accuracy testing requirements. Thorough electrical panel knowledge and safety practices. Expert knowledge of test equipment and capabilities such as tolerance requirements and 4:1 TAR.
- Exceptional Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) skills; Demonstrated ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite. Navigates and utilizes MAS500 Pivot Table and project KPI module to effectively manage LUR & project expenses.
- Develops and updates PCI policies and procedures, understands and interprets Government Regulations and instrumentation/calibration principles and provides training and guidance to technician resources. Assists clients with development and revision of policies and procedures as necessary.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills with clients and coworkers. Ability to interpret client request or leads and can form into a proposal or quotation. Completes quotations, proposals, and purchase orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- PCI Trained Mentor.
- Actively involved with an external professional organization (ISPE, ASQ, PDA, etc.). External certification preferred [ISA, ASQ, etc.].
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Experience & Education:
A two-year degree in Engineering, Life Sciences, or other related technical field or equivalent military training and four plus years of applicable instrumentation, calibration, or metrology experience in the Pharmaceutical/Quality industry; or the equivalent combination of the two. Leadership and client relations experience is preferred.
PCI is proud to serve pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and clinical research industries nationwide by providing calibration, commissioning and consulting solutions. At PCI, calibrations are performed by highly technical, cGMP/GLP-trained personnel who are knowledgeable in quality guidelines enforced by the FDA, EPA and ISO/IEC 17025:2005. PCI is an FCX Performance Company and a Subsidiary of Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT); a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry.
Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.