Job Title: Team Lead
Department: Conditioning A60
Shift: 1st shift 7am-3:30pm, OT starts at 5am plus Saturdays when production demand is high
Classification: Non-exempt/Hourly starting at $23/hr and up depending on experience
Reports to: Sr. Production Manager/Production Supervisor
Provide leadership and support to ensure assigned cell meets plan build schedule. Ensure effective and efficient operational performance with regard to areas assigned. Establish and implement programs (with support of Production and Business Unit Manager) to meet operational targets related to productivity, lean, cost, quality, safety and housekeeping, delivery schedules, through-put, process improvements, team and employee development.
- Meet and exceed production and delivery schedules, budgets and targets
- Direct and promote a work environment of continuous improvement through proactive process improvement programs.
- Promote a team environment through effective communication and delegation.
- Proactively engage the support of indirect support personnel to achieve departmental and business objectives.
- To foster an environment of learning through effective cross training of assigned employees.
- Expected to develop and maintain required relationships with Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Human Resources, Engineering, Production Control, Shipping, and other areas as required meeting targeted business goals and objectives. Maintain an effective relationship with Purchasing to affect positive supplier/vendor relationships.
- Staffing (Job Assignment)
- Safety investigation 5 why’s
- Ensure Skill Training Matrixes are in place, train new hires and manage training
- Employee/ situation investigation
- Standard work documentation
- Execute to daily, weekly, monthly, schedule/ plan/schedule attainment
- Meet daily cell goals (5s, Safety, Quality, Maintain hourly production boards)
- Daily start up checks
- Daily Departmental KPI’s
- 100% time on the production floor
- Departmental communication
- Cell communication process/toolbox /shift changeover reports/handoffs/ensure smooth transition
- Cycle counts
- Inventory accuracy/adjustments
- Impulse management
- Line quality sheet verification
- IPQ cell scrap reporting
- 5 why’s and Prompt Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA)
- Implement all aspects of AGCO Lean and Quality Management systems.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Employees/temporary employees are responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, policies and procedures. Employee/temporary employee responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) and report any defective PPE.
- Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses, including mobile equipment or property damage.
- Participation in the site Safety and Health Program.
HS Diploma or GED required; bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong leader and excellent communicator
- 2+ years of progressively responsible or related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Solid grasp of manufacturing concepts, methods, and manufacturing techniques to include but not limited to: Assembly, welding, machining, painting, and other related manufacturing methods.
- Prior experience in lean, flow-through manufacturing a plus. .
- Knowledge in use of SAP or other related ERP application software preferred.
- Must be computer literate; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus, and ERP Systems.
- Basic understanding of production planning and production control functions.
- Exceptional influencing and communication skills with ability to communicate at all management levels.
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually with a real commitment to change and continuous improvement.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to develop improved manufacturing strategies that will support AGCO business objectives on a departmental and building wide basis.
- Ability to listen and clearly communicate both verbally & in written format.
- Above average math skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze data and develop strategic recommendations.
- Must be capable of understanding all technical issues related to assigned products.
- The ability to work independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Open minded, natural curiosity, and customer, market and product oriented.
- Achievement/result oriented, consistent, and good organizational skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works near large machinery and equipment daily. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is exposed to a variety of extreme conditions including temperatures ranging from 40°F to 105°F.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands or arms. The employee must be able to stand for up to twelve hours per day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must wear personal protective equipment (i.e. eye protection, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, sleeves, etc.)
No travel is expected for this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.