There are currently 5 Partners, 3 Associate Partners and 12 Directors across the national Family Office and Private Client (FO&PC) business and ambitious growth plans will support continued investment at these levels as well as for more junior resource. It is a nationally run business with five core service areas:
1. Transactions and Entrepreneurial Shareholders;
2. Ultra High Net Worth Individuals;
5. Investigations and Enquiries
One key FO&PC area that we do not cover is the provision of personal tax services to US Citizens based in the UK.
We are looking for a Manager to join our FO&PC team in our London US Private Client Practice.
This is primarily an advisory role requiring either an experienced Assistant Manager or a recently promoted Manager with significant previous US private client experience. More specifically your responsibilities will include:
– You will be required to support in building a practice from scratch (albeit a small amount of compliance work exists it is anticipated you will support the transition from an existing team sat within the Global Mobility Practice)
– Ensuring the delivery of a high quality personal tax service to our clients;
– Managing a portfolio of complex and diverse clients, including partnerships and non-UK domiciled individuals, and being able to provide personal tax advice on a wide range of assignments including inheritance tax, capital gains tax and income tax and particularly identifying opportunities to advise your portfolio of clients in relation to these taxes;
– Providing original and creative thinking to solve tax problems, frequently leading to providing wholly bespoke tax advice and solutions on one-off assignments;
– Project managing tax advisory assignments to ensure deadlines, risk management and compliance procedures are all met;
– Managing work in progress and ensuring prompt billing and cash collection;
– Overseeing the performance and career development of partly and newly qualified staff.
Qualifications and Skills
Candidates interested in this role should have the following skills and qualifications:
-Qualified accountant or tax specialist with experience of working in a similar environment with experience of US Private Clients and varied advisory assignments.
-Academically strong results in career to date coupled with a deep technical understanding of the issues affecting private clients and partnerships.
-Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and constructively at a variety of levels with clients, their other professional advisors and colleagues.
-A keen and insightful appreciation of the issues facing clients and an ability to deliver bespoke tax solutions to meet their needs.
-An ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative
-A commitment to clients, colleagues and KPMG.