There are currently 5 Partners, 3 Associate Partners and 12 Directors across the national Family Office and Private Client (FO&PC) business and ambitious growth plans will support continued investment at these levels as well as for more junior resource. It is a nationally run business with five core service areas:
1. Transactions and Entrepreneurial Shareholders;
2. Ultra High Net Worth Individuals;
5. Investigations and Enquiries
One key FO&PC area that we do not cover is the provision of personal tax services to US Citizens based in the UK.
We are looking for an Assistant Manager to join our FO&PC team in our London US Private Client Practice.
This is primarily an advisory role requiring an Assistant Manager with previous US private client experience. The role entails working with high net worth individuals, entrepreneurial businesses and shareholder owned companies providing a mixture of advisory and compliance services on a wide range of personal tax matters.
In particular, the role will suit either a high performing Assistant Manager keen to work with an exciting client base and keen to progress, or a recently qualified individual looking to gain exposure to a dynamic and entrepreneurial team.
More specifically your responsibilities will include:
– Supporting in building a practice from scratch (albeit a small amount of compliance work exists that is anticipated you will support the transition from an existing team sat within the Global Mobility Practice)
-Ensuring the delivery of a high quality personal tax service to our clients;
-Managing a portfolio of complex and diverse clients, including partnerships and non-UK domiciled individuals, and being able to provide personal tax advice on a wide range of assignments including inheritance tax, capital gains tax and income tax and particularly identifying opportunities to advise your portfolio of clients in relation to these taxes;
-Providing original and creative thinking to solve tax problems, frequently leading to providing wholly bespoke tax advice and solutions on one-off assignments;
-Project managing tax advisory assignments to ensure deadlines, risk management and compliance procedures are all met;
-Managing work in progress and ensuring prompt billing and cash collection;
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
– Qualified accountant or tax advisor with experience working in a personal tax focussed environment with exposure to a varied client base.
– Academically strong results in career to date coupled with a keen and insightful understanding of the issues facing private clients.
– An ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative.
– A commitment to clients, colleagues and KPMG.
– High level of analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice.
– Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.