Job Type: Co-op/Intern
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Montreal; Toronto
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Experience an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it.
Are you up for the challenge of leading at every level, developing a global network of colleagues, and embracing endless opportunity? Join the Tax and Legal Practice at Deloitte.
What will your typical day look like?
In your role as a Tax Analyst at Deloitte you will:
- Develop experience in a broad range of fully integrated tax services – an opportunity to try and specialize yourself in different tax services
- Assist clients in dealing with various tax authorities – develop your technical skills
- Identify opportunities to add value to our clients – a place for you to learn, to grow, to create, to lead
- Interact and develop global and cross-service line relationships at every level – build a network that lasts a lifetime
With this said, no two days are the same. Our clients evolve and so do we.
At Deloitte, your career path is flexible. You will support organizations of all sizes and in different industries to help them structure business transactions and perform better. Your initial role will provide you with a variety of experience in many aspects of the Tax practice:
- Global Investment & innovation incentives (Gi3): Our Gi3 team supports clients in deciphering what has become an elaborate system of financial incentives aimed at fueling companies’ innovation, hiring, expansion, and sustainability investments. These incentives often cover many geographies and industry sectors and require a mix of financial reporting, cost accounting, regulatory and tax framework interpretation, and technical documentation in order to be successfully accessed.
- Mergers and acquisitions: The M&A practice focus on transaction structuring and financing, tax due diligence (e.g., identifying the tax exposures / risks in acquiring a target) and M&A compliance (e.g., filing various tax elections and forms in connection with a deal). They work closely with M&A service lines from other functions.
- Indirect Tax: Our indirect tax team supports clients with all issues related to the Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST), Provincial Sales Tax (PST) in Manitoba, Saskatchewan and British Columbia, and excise and import duties. Businesses in Canada oftentimes pay more in indirect taxes than in income tax and our team advises clients on how to navigate this complex area through consulting, planning, recovery and technology-based compliance services. Our indirect tax team works closely with all the tax teams in Deloitte to assist clients from a holistic tax perspective.
- Global employer services: Our Global Employer Services (GES) team advises small and large organizations with both global and domestic workforces on compliance and consulting matters such as Canadian and foreign personal income taxes, social security obligations, cross border payroll, compensation strategies, relocation policy development, etc.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who:
- Is working towards the completion of an undergraduate degree and pre-requisites for entry into the CPA Professional Education Program. You also have the intention to pursue a CPA designation.
- Is a leader and takes initiative, in and out of the work environment by having strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Has superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Has outstanding communication skills, flexibility, humility, integrity and professionalism
Has experience with MS office suite
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Apply by May 16th, 2021 @ 11:59pm EST.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF combined file.
We are passionate about helping you launch your career at Deloitte. Prepped is a free, digital and personalized, voluntary program that may provide the guidance and training you need to properly tackle your job search, and could prepare you for the next steps in the interview process. Prepped is currently only available in English, and is not a Deloitte created tool. Choosing to use or not use Prepped will not be weighted towards or against you. Get Prepped now at https://www.fullyprepped.ca/invite.
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan. We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.