Job Type: Co-op/Intern
Primary Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Kitchener; Montreal
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems in accessing government incentives, specifically the Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax credit program.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office (currently remote and in person when safe to do so).
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Are you a current student looking to pursue a 12-16 months Internship? At Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of clients, in different industry sectors, while leveraging a diverse and powerful network to solve our clients’ most pressing concerns and complex challenges.
What will your typical day look like?
Our clients range from technology startups to large Canadian and global companies. As a Gi3 technology professional at Deloitte, you will:
- Use your technical knowledge and experience to assess our client’s technology projects in relation to the eligibility criteria for Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax credits;
- Be technically curious and interested in new emerging technological developments of all kinds, by keeping current with innovative developments in the area of your technical focus;
- Communicate directly and indirectly with our clients to understand their technology, products, and operations to determine which of their activities qualify for SR&ED and other government incentives;
- Communicate through technical project reports how the client’s research and development activities meet the eligibility requirements of the SR&ED program and various incentive programs;
- Assist our clients in compiling their available documentation as supporting evidence for their SR&ED and government incentive applications
With this said, no two days are the same. Our clients evolve and so do we.
We are currently looking for qualified engineering/science co-op/interns to join our Gi3 team. Deloitte’s Gi3 team is the leading innovation incentives team both in Canada and globally. We help Canadian companies become more competitive globally by advising them on business and financial strategies to access SR&ED tax credits and government incentives to support technology innovation.
- Technology, Media, & Telecom (TMT)
We are seeking Engineering/Science Co-op students with a focus in software engineering, computer science, and electrical/computer engineering disciplines to join our team. Technical writing topics include: Cloud Computing, Gaming, Blockchain, Telecom, Big Data, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, etc.
We are seeking Engineering/Science Co-op students with a focus in mechanical, chemical and electrical engineering disciplines, and physical or life sciences to join our team. Technical writing topics include: Tool & Die, Automotive, Construction, Defense, Food Processing, Oil & Gas, etc.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who:
- Working towards an Engineering/Science/Engineering Technologist Degree in one of the following industry sectors:
- Technology, Media and Telecom – Working towards an Undergraduate degree in Computer Science and/or Computer Science/Software Engineering and has an exemplary record of achievement in school both academically and in extracurricular activities.
- Manufacturing – Working towards an Engineering/Engineering Technologist/Science Undergraduate degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical, Chemistry, Biology or Physics, and has an exemplary record of achievement in school both academically and in extracurricular activities
- You are technically curious and interested in emerging technological developments, particularly in your area of technical focus.
- Superior verbal and written communication with creative ability to conceptualize and articulate technical solutions and activities.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams; and self-driven to work independently
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with competing deadlines and rapidly evolving client needs and conditions and experience in a technical or engineering environment is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Apply by May 16th, 2021 @ 11:59pm EST.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF combined file.
We are passionate about helping you launch your career at Deloitte. Prepped is a free, digital and personalized, voluntary program that may provide the guidance and training you need to properly tackle your job search, and could prepare you for the next steps in the interview process. Prepped is currently only available in English, and is not a Deloitte created tool. Choosing to use or not use Prepped will not be weighted towards or against you. Get Prepped now at https://www.fullyprepped.ca/invite.
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan. We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.