Requisition ID: 234118
Requisition Posting End Date: 04/14/2021
In August of 2017, Georgia Power selected Bechtel to complete the construction of the two-reactor expansion of a nuclear power plant near Augusta, Georgia. Plant Vogtle Units 3 & 4 will be the first new units built in the U.S. in the last three decades and are currently the only new units being constructed in the country.
At the peak of construction, this vital project will employ up to 5,000 on-site. These positions will include building tradespeople, engineers, field supervisors, construction and project managers, quality assurance professionals, safety professionals, procurement, subcontract specialists and many others.
This position may be required to work a schedule of rotating shifts including nights, weekends, or holidays. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment. The ability to obtain/maintain access to the facility is required.
Assigned to the Construction Organization in a managerial capacity. Responsible for the organization and direction of construction and related activities of the Vogtle project. Primary client contact for all project field activities. Responsible for all job-site activities and ensures all construction operations are in compliance with design and specifications, all construction operations are completed on schedule, within budget and to quality standards. This is for a short term position.
- Coordinates & completes task-based activities including all actions of Bechtel, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and their representatives.
- Participates in Staffing evaluation to ensures the field organization is composed of qualified, knowledgeable personnel, and ensures effective personnel utilization.
- Participates in the development, coordinates, and implements construction schedules, methods, manning charts, material and equipment requirements.
- Removes barriers to ensure successful completion of scheduled activities.
- Ensures corporate policies and SWPP procedures are fully implemented.
- Oversees the full implementation of construction processes to ensure efficient operations.
- Maintains an effective relationship with other functional departments.
- Drives ad-hoc meetings to resolve day-to-day operational execution and technical issues.
- Monitor job site work rule compliance.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Safety or Construction from an accredited university and 9 plus years of progressively responsible construction or related experience or in lieu of a degree 15 years of relevant experience.
- Must possess legal right to work in US without sponsorship
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, background check (which includes verification of employment and education) and any additional nuclear security screening requirememnts to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear power facility.
- Must be physically capable to conduct field inspections and participate in project walkdowns which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, climbing in very small and/or confined spaces, and lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Basic Field Manual and Non-Manual experience required.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic knowledge in contract coordination, quality assurance, and environmental monitoring.
- Experience in budgeting and financial plans.
- Skilled in verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrated ability in the preparation of procedures and reports.
- Demonstrated skill in administration and supervisory functions.
- Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H) and commitment to a Zero Accident safety program.
- Knowledge of Bechtel organization, directives, instructions, and safety and quality program, processes and procedures.
- Previous Vogtle, DOE, or DOD experience.
- Currently maintains unescorted access authorization at Plant Vogtle Units 3 & 4
- Knowledgeable of Clients software
- Knowledgeable of Plant procedures and training
- Actively has an ESS clearance with Southern Nuclear
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.