We are engineers, high line workers, power plant managers, accountants, electricians, project coordinators, risk analysts, customer service operators, community representatives, safety and security specialists, communicators, human resources partners, information technology technicians and much, much more. We are 3,300 people committed to enhancing the lives of the communities we serve. Together, we are powering the growth and success of our community progress every day!
Manages all processes related to companies recruiting activities for college, experienced and executive hiring practices. Responsible for updating business area on the status and actions related to assigned requisitions. Communicates with supporting business partner groups to ensure adherence to company policies and initiatives. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator.
Deadline to Apply: May 16, 2021
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Core responsibilities focus on operational/tactical aspects of the organization and limited, if any, strategic focus.
- Collaborates and advises hiring managers through all aspects of the recruiting process, to include but not limited to the job posting, interviewing, candidate screening, and offer development.
- Develops, advises hiring manager and executes against innovative recruiting strategies meant to maximize return-on-investment for the business unit.
- Effectively communicates with hiring manager, stakeholders and business partners to ensure the recruiting process is managed in accordance with CPS Energy’s best interests.
- Communicates with hiring managers and candidates to ensure service level and engagements are maintained throughout the process.
- Establish and participate in job fairs and outreach activities in support of engaging a relationship with prospects and candidates to increase interest with CPS Energy.
- Coordinate, plan or collaborate on internal networking, professional development and awareness activities for existing CPS Energy employees.
- Provide training on aspects of the recruiting process, supporting systems or career development.
- Executes and presents on ad hoc and routine reporting for specific client groups.
- Identifies improvements in existing processes needed to increase the level of efficiency.
- Assists with the developing and accessing Request for Proposal (RFP) process for vendor selection.
- Ensures actions are documented and process adheres to all company, state and federal regulations and policies governing the hiring practices of CPS Energy
- Gather and analyze information pertaining to the recruitment process
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and technologies.
- Performs other project and process improvement initiatives as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge and Abilities
Ability to set priorities, organize work and make occasional exceptions.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling
Ability to develop and maintain an excellent relationship with internal and external customers to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
Ability to meet goals and objectives with minimal direct supervision
Solid knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization.
Relevant recruiting experience consistent with the progression of responsibilities related to the position.
Basic knowledge utilizing recruiting applications, software and social media (i.e. ATS, CRM, LinkedIn)
Well-developed written and verbal communication skills for interaction with all levels of personnel.
Effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
Gather and analyze information skillfully
Experience utilizing recruiting applications, software and social media (i.e. ATS, CRM, LinkedIn)
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred.
- Experience with both agency and corporate recruiting practices
- Experience working in a federally regulated environment (i.e. OFCCP)
- Experience recruiting in one or more areas (union, engineering, call center, IT, Executive)
- Experience managing the full life cycle of corporate recruiting (job description development to the offer presentation)
Delivering High Quality Work
Interacting with People at Different Levels
Building and Supporting Teams
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resource Management, Organizational Development or related field.
Indoor work, operating computer, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, repetitive motion. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi- functioning printer and calculator.
Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business related events.
Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
CPS Energy does not discriminate against applicants or employees. CPS Energy is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfers and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information or any other protected status. CPS Energy will comply with all laws and regulations.