A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on people’s lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming what’s possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space-age materials — this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, it’s a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, you’ll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. You’ll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
Our business is thriving. Our future is exciting. Your potential is unlimited.
To perform timely, efficient and cost effective in-house systems performance (calibration, performance testing, troubleshooting, rework, system hook-up and tear down, repairs, checkout and customer acceptance testing) and on-site systems installation in a manner which directly contributes to customer satisfaction and maintenance of MTS quality standards.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Performs operational tests at the direction of the project engineer to ensure that MTS quality standards are maintained. Promptly notifies appropriate personnel of system performance deficiencies or operational problems encountered during performance testing. Works with appropriate sub-job engineer to resolve problems and to achieve system acceptance.
2. Travels to customer site, domestic or foreign, to perform on-site installation, calibration, modification or upgrades on systems. Installation may include uncrating, moving equipment to proper location, system hook-up, testing of functionality, acceptance testing and customer operational training. May handle engineering and/or service issues. Seeks out and utilizes the most efficient and effective travel arrangements within MTS policy when traveling on company business.
3. Ensures proper system configuration, function, performance, calibration and system integrity while following established procedures on standard systems and products or custom checkout plans on custom systems at the direction of the project engineer.
4. Conducts self in a professional and confident manner. Establishes and maintains proper working relationship with engineering staff and customers, both in-house and during installations.
5. May be requested to conduct training and service programs in the operation and maintenance of company systems and products for customers or other MTS personnel. Training may be in-house or at the customer site. Gives technical advice, within scope of expertise, to customers or employees regarding operation, servicing and maintenance as well as product application to assure maximum customer satisfaction with the systems capabilities and performance.
6. Plans and schedules all daily activities to make the most productive and efficient use of time. May be required to expedite parts prior to checking, final acceptance or installation to achieve required systems performance in an expeditious manner. Continually strives to reduce cost and improve quality in every aspect of the job. Takes personal initiative in seeking out solutions to problems. Requests support from supervisor when required.
7. Follows a self development/improvement program to broaden his/her knowledge of the company's products, systems and enhance skills in field servicing. Participates in establishment of training plans which may include on the job training, mentoring and formal training.
8. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned and always strives to follow all MTS policies.
- AA degree or 2 year vo-tech certificate and 1 year applicable technician experience OR 5 years of applicable technician experience;
- Knowledge of hydraulics & high degree of mechanical aptitude desirable.
MTS Systems Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, marital status or veteran status.
Posting Notes: Manufacturing/Operations/Quality | | |