Job ID: 128283
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Location: India- Pune (Amdocs Site)
Who are we?
At Amdocs, our purpose is to enrich lives and progress society. With our creativity and technology, we help make a better connected world. Amdocs and its 25,000 employees serve the leading players in the communications and media industry, enabling next-generation experiences in 85 countries. Our cloud-native, open and dynamic portfolio of digital solutions, platforms and services brings greater choice, faster time to market and flexibility, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers as they drive growth, transform and take their business to the cloud. Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $4.1 billion in fiscal 2019. For more information, visit Amdocs at http://www.amdocs.com
In one sentence
Design solutions, provide consultancy to business, and manage the operations of computer systems related to UNIX and Windows operating systems, servers, virtualization and cloud technologies.
What will your job look like?
- You will build and manage web, virtual, and client server environments for an enterprise environment.
- You will maintain the operations of all virtual, web, and client and server systems to ensure availability.
- You will handle escalations related to any IT service issues of systems and servers, and partner with the other infrastructure teams to troubleshoot and resolve related issues.
- You will leverage optimization techniques to maximize the efficiency of all computer systems.
- You will implement and maintain a systems business impact assessment to prioritize system recovery in the event of failures.
- You will train the technical support team on solving common system-related problems
- You will build and ensure implementation of software standards for operating systems, servers and virtualized infrastructures
- You will work with third-party vendors and consultant on developing system-specific skills
- You will evaluate new technologies to meet business needs or to solve business problems
- You will manage and lead Root Cause Analysis, Lesson Learned and prevention processes to provide a high standard of deliverables that meet SLA (Service Level Adherence) and ensure CSAT (Customer Satisfaction).
- You will devise and ensure implementation of system policies
- You will perform server performance and capacity management in order to maintain the sizing requirements for customers
All you need is…
• BE / Btech/ BCA/ MCA B.A/B.Sc. in computer science / Electronics / IT.
• 2 -12 years of experience and sound knowledge of administering at least one UNIX platform (LINUX, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX).
• Knowledge of VMware virtualization technologies.
• Knowledge of Microservices like OCP, Kubernetes, Docker
• Knowledge of hardware administration (Physical servers, Enclosures).
• Basic knowledge of storage and networking.
• Knowledge of Primary Public cloud vendors like AWS, Azure, GCP
• Any of the platform certifications, such as: RHEL, CKA, AWS, Azure
• Any of the Virtual Certifications such as: VMWare
Why you will love this job:
- You will be working within an extremely diverse and multi-cultural environment, and a fast growing and dynamic organization
- You will be provided with a rare learning opportunity within an experienced team, working on high end technology and solutions.
- You will be working on market leading software for the telecommunications industry
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce