Performs specific job responsibilities:
- Analyzes, optimizes, implements, and maintains the Carilion Clinic Multi-Platform Server and cloud based back-end computing environment.
- Implements, and maintains security technologies for all Multi-Platform Server-based systems throughout the enterprise.
- Researches, audits, tests, and sets standards for server operating systems, hardware, server virtualization, and cloud technologies to ensure compatibility and functionality in the enterprise.
- Installs and configures server hardware in the corporate data centers.
- Audits, optimizes, and maintains the corporate Active Directory back-end architecture.
- Implements Group Policy and scripts (using various technologies) to manipulate server functionality to meet business and security needs in the enterprise.
- Audits, optimizes, implements, and maintains highly available and fault tolerant back-end systems for the enterprise. These include, but are not limited to, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft File Services, Microsoft SharePoint, IBM AIX, Power VM, RedHat Linux, Enterprise Faxing, Enterprise Printing, VMware ESX, and Citrix technologies.
- Develops reference materials (system diagrams, installation documentation, etc.) for supported server technologies to be used for both online and in-person training of other technical staff with minimal supervision from Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Manages assigned projects and meets deadlines with moderate supervision from Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Interfaces with clients, vendors, and other teams on multi-faceted projects involving Multi-Platform server and cloud technologies.
- Interfaces with clients, vendors, and multiple teams while providing resolution to problem incidents as escalated from the Technology Service Center.
Researches, implements, and maintains information technologies to increase server systems operational efficiencies and secure Carilion’s enterprise network. Manages corporate projects and problem resolution requiring the participation of multiple specialized teams.
Be at your best with an organization that equips you to do so. Whose people unite in making lives better. At Carilion Clinic, we help communities stay healthy and our region grow stronger through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach. As part of our team you can expect professional stability, strong technological resources, and the advancement potential of a regional leader.
Based in Roanoke, VA, we are an award-winning, community-based network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions. Explore how joining a regional leader can enhance your ability to learn, grow, and succeed.
Education: Associates Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Minimum three years’ experience in computer electronics and/or system administration of Windows, *nix platforms to include hardware maintenance. Experience in microcomputers and supporting telecommunications hardware/software required.
Valid Virginia drivers’ license and dependable transportation.
A minimum of one of the following certifications are required:
IBM Certified System Administrator AIX
Citrix CCA for XenApp Server 6 (or greater)
VMWare Certified Professional
Additionally, any of the following are preferred, but not required:
Other: Good organizational skills, analytical, dependable, detail oriented, interpersonal skills, and understanding of the English language (both written and oral). Must have thorough understanding of the 7-layer OSI model. VMWare, Citrix, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange/O365, IBM AIX and/or Linux experience preferred. Must have excellent problem-solving skills and be customer service oriented.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 79573
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Technology Services Group
Shift Details: M-F 8a-5p, offhours as needed
Recruiter: MARK A MISKOVIC
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.