Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2020 revenues of approximately $8.5 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
- 3+ years of building backend or full-stack web apps
- Expertise in software development best practices
- Experience with microservice-based architectures
- Experience delivering solutions in an agile, scrum-based CI/CD environment
- Willingness to build business acumen and linkage to digital solutions
- Ability to seek out new ways of solving unique problems
- Great interpersonal, team and communication skills
- Committed to high quality, efficient, and sustainable product development practices
- Passion for excellence in product experience and security
- Training and mentoring experience – it’s good to be an expert, it’s great to create more around you
- Strong experience with C#-based backends in .Net
- Strong experience with automated testing as normal part of development process (unit, integration, E2E, security testing)
- Working knowledge of relational database technologies (SQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with cloud environments (Azure, AWS) Preferably Azure.
- Proficiency with Agile work management software and tools (Azure DevOps, Jira)
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.