Job ID: 128279
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Location: MEXICO- GUADALAJARA (Amdocs Site)
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on Snapchat or send your images on Instagram, you get great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Sets up, installs and maintains the software environments for any product permutation
What will your job look like?
Perform regular system maintenance (OS patching – HPE & Dell Server Firmware updates)
Do basic hardware knowledge and troubleshooting.
Monitor system – Performance optimizations
Support systems admin team with infrastructure operations and security.
Coordinate the work with hardware vendors, such as HP and Dell, for hardware replacements
Work with various teams on regular tasks, such as compliance requests, operations, patches, etc.
Work with different units (Version Manager, Development, Testing, customer) to provide software delivery from compilation to runtime (in simple and sophisticated environments) by seeking for accurate configuration and zero downtime for all utilities.
Handle setup of various SCM (Software Configuration Management) environments and build mechanisms in Amdocs and non-Amdocs environments.
Provide full mentorship on compiling, packaging and the SCM (Software Configuration Management) tool to development teams throughout all product life cycle phases.
Optimize the build process: Implement the latest tools and improve existing utilities.
Seek, build errors (simple & sophisticated) and provide immediate and long-term solutions.
Craft, configure, install and upgrade environments (e.g. standalone, coordinated, clustered) throughout the product life cycle (Development, Testing, UAT, Production) for internal and external users.
Configure third party software (Java, WL, Maven) in the various types of supported environments and builds in conjunction with development and architecture.
All you need is…
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject area
- Required, at least 3 years of experience in each requirement:
- 3+ yr experience in Linux systems [Red hat 7,8 & Cent OS] install and configure.
- 3+ yr experience in any of the following Scripting languages Shell, phyton, Bash etc.
- Strong trouble shooting experience
- 3+ yr experience managing virtualization platforms – virtual machines, VMWare VCenter, ESXI
- Perform regular system maintenance (OS patching – HPE & Dell Server Firmware updates)
- Monitor system performance (performance optimizations)
- Configuration Management with Ansible/Puppet
- Basic hardware knowledge
Good to Have:
- Cloud Experience – Azure/AWS
- Experience with Dev Ops tools.
- On-Prem to Cloud Migrations
- to explore your skills go to
Why you will love this job:
- You will have the opportunity to work in multinational environment for the global market leader in its field!
- As you will support excellent products, you will be able to assemble relevant data, identifies trends and root causes, and draws logical conclusions to develop solutions
- You will have extensive opportunities for professional development.
- We are a dynamic, multi-cultural organization that constantly innovates and empowers our employees to grow. Our people our passionate, daring, and phenomenal teammates that stand by each other with a dedication to creating a diverse, inclusive workplace!
- We offer a wide range of stellar benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as paid time off, sick time, and parental leave!
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce