Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role
Software Engineer within the larger IT Digital Health umbrella. Responsibility for software development within a lean, agile, and user-centered team. Highly motivated engineering professional who can help us build our Digital Health capabilities and services across a variety of care pathways.
Your responsibilities include:
- Work in dedicated, co-located product teams, consisting of Product Managers, other Software Engineers, and Designers
- Incorporate Test Driven Development, Extreme Programming, Agile, and Lean software practices, and User Centered Design methodologies to execute on product development, implementation, and operations.
- Committed to delivering high quality, high value, maintainable software in the hands of users quickly by working side-by-side with product managers, designers, and other engineers
- Serve as a Software Engineer in a balanced team developing innovative new solutions to significant problems in the healthcare industry within the Digital Health Studio and/or Digital Health Platform
- Work sideby-side with senior level engineers throughout the process of developing, testing, and releasing secure, compliant, high-quality healthcare software
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of Software Development experience in a variety of programming languages
- 3+ years’ experience being part of an agile software development team
- 2+ years’ demonstrated experience designing and developing software products and technologies
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with a CI/CD pipeline Concourse, GIT, Bit Bucket, Jenkins, etc.
- Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
- Experience with Application development (iOS, Android, web), Cloud Foundry, Google and AWS platforms
- Passion for learning, growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD), agile methodologies, and software automation
- Familiarity in working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern software design and development team
- MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience developing software within an FDA regulated industry
- Demonstrated understanding of FDA guidelines and regulations
- Experience with security tools and products
Requisition ID: 483255
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.