Alternate Locations: US All Regions (Excluding Colorado)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
The Sr. Vice President, Product and Underwriting for Group Protection (GP) provides executive leadership for all strategic, financial, and operational aspects of the product management and underwriting functions for Group Protection. S/He will provide overall thought leadership, strategic direction, and expertise for GP product management and underwriting, responsible for optimizing GP’s overall growth and profitability, and achieving financial targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops an overall strategic vision for the GP Product Management and Underwriting areas.
- Establishes the organizational goals, objectives, and operating procedures of the GP Product and Underwriting area.
- Ensures the GP Product and Underwriting functional areas are meeting all objectives pertaining to quality, compliance, regulations, productivity, customer service, budget, and project management.
- Develops and ensures GP operational plans are aligned with LFG's overall business plans and specific strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Provides critical operational thought leadership and expertise to strategically drive improved financial and business results.
- Champions product development internally in order to position LFG as leader in GP products and services.
- Examines current GP products and the way the products are promoted, sold and competes in the market, thereby recommending changes or innovations for product extensions, adaptations, or new products to meet market needs.
- Drives research and development and prioritizes product concepts.
- Leads the full cycle of product management and development activity for GP products.
- Oversees and directs underwriting team to deliver on all pricing, profitability, sales, renewal and persistency metrics as established by the finance and pricing teams.
- Oversees and directs the risk selection and underwriting activities for GP products; ensures the risk selection to a profitable underwriting result.
- Ensure that proper controls are in place (operational efficiency and effectiveness, compliance/regulatory, quality, financial) through assigned accountabilities within the underwriting and operational areas.
- Evaluates and prioritizes activities with and across GP Product and Underwriting, striking the appropriate balance between critical near term deliverables and initiatives that underway to drive improved and more efficient results in the longer-term.
- Collaborates with other senior leadership across the enterprise to identify and implement services to provide a consistent and excellent customer experience.
- Builds organizational capability within GPs, Product and Underwriting functions.
- Ensures top talent is hired and retained.
- Provides training and development opportunities for GP’s Product and Underwriting employees and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends, assess the impact, and collaborates with senior executive management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Supports business strategies and initiatives by representing LFG at various industry associations and functions serving as a “thought leader”.
- A Bachelor’s degree 15+ years of progressively more responsible experience in financial services Product Management and Underwriting experience, including at least 5+ years of senior management, strategy, and influencing senior management/critical stakeholders experience.
- Or 19+ years of progressively more responsible experience in financial services Product management and Underwriting and risk management experience, including at least 5+ years of senior management, strategy, and influencing senior management/critical stakeholders experience.
- Group Product experience highly preferred
Strategic Skills, Financial and Risk Management, Innovation, Diversity & Inclusion, Enterprise Thinking, Relationship Building, Talent Management, Execution, and Optimism.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.