Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday – Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Scottish Rite
Requisition #: 79169
Assists in providing competent surgical care to patients and families whose healthcare needs range from uncomplicated to highly complex and rapidly changing. Demonstrates technical, organizational, and team skills, and acts as clinical resource. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- High school diploma or equivalent and graduation from recognized surgical technologist program
- Graduation from recognized surgical technologist program or 5 years of equivalent experience
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of employment
- Experience in entry level
- One year of experience as a surgical technician
- Experience in a pediatric operating room
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Good communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Assists in ongoing process of healthcare delivery to patients and parents, incorporating age-related and developmental-specific requirements.
- Provides technical skills assisting surgeon or staff and operating surgical equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintains knowledge of current equipment and supplies.
- Utilizes effective communication skills in providing care to patients and families.
- Assists in collaborative practice with healthcare team.
- Demonstrates cost effectiveness and efficiency with regard to time management and supply use.
- Participates in orientation of students, staff members, and other health professionals.
- Performs ongoing department-specific tasks as assigned.
- Manages own professional development by rotating through other specialties to maintain competence.
- Demonstrates competencies that incorporate age-specific guidelines, including
- N = Neonate (less than 30 days)
- I = Infant (30 days to 1 year)
- EC = Early Childhood (1-5 years)
- LC = Late Childhood (5-13 years)
- A = Adolescent (13-17 years)
- AD = Adult
- ALL = all ages
- Achieves 75% attendance at staff meetings if applicable.
- Supports Joint Commission readiness.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistance
Bending/Stooping – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Sitting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Walking – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Definite potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Allied Health – Surgical Services