Job Req ID: 807321
Position Number: 00167298
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: Various shifts during week and must work every other weekend
Standard Hours: 24.00
Department Name: IAS Service Ctr Communication
Location: Corporate Operations
Location Details: Cabarrus
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Responds to incoming calls, codes, alarms, and pages and contacts the appropriate personnel as indicated by the situation.
- Answers incoming calls in a busy call center environment.
- Performs basic call processing functions by meeting monitoring expectations, and successful completion of all training evaluations.
- Access pertinent information using Xtend Communications windows based software with, or without ACD integration.
- Responds to alarms, pages, messages, and codes and contacts personnel through beeper paging, intercom announcements, and phone calls as indicated by the situation.
- Problem-solves and handle stressful situations.
- Issues patient phone numbers, conditions, or general information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Assists in maintaining logbooks and other documents and forms.
Works in a fast paced call center environment with constant telephone ringing and distractions. Works in a sitting position must of day. This position requires high degree of proficiency in verbal and written communications. Must be able to work weekends, holidays and overtime as required. Must be available for occasional callback support. Must be able to handle multiple lines, type, reach, read various prints and alarm panels at a distance of two to three feet, and work through loud noises.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Previous experience with phone work or customer service is preferred. There is a multi-week training program for main number answering, and to learn operation of the paging function and emergency code and alarm handling.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer