Location: DeKalb Industrial Way
Requisition #: 66628
Provides receiving, delivery, restocking, tracking, and documentation for all patient care supplies at assigned facility. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of prompt, safe services for patient care. Ensures that daily activities support and promote a safe work environment at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
• High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Georgia driver’s license (warehouse technicians only)
• Experience with software applications (e.g., Microsoft Outlook, Lawson, and Omnicell)
• One year of experience in hospital healthcare distribution
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
• Must possess good communication skills
• Available to work rotating shifts and overtime on short notice
• Must be eligible for coverage by Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta’s motor vehicle insurance provider
1. Selects supply chain orders (DeKalb Industrial Warehouse) timely and accurately.
2. Receives deliveries (e.g., UPS, FedEx, Airborne) accurately, ensures packages have correct documentation and delivery location, and maintains documentation/delivery files.
3. Delivers products to campus and satellite locations via Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta motor vehicle (DeKalb Industrial Warehouse/mailroom).
4. Assists in maintaining the location inventory, monitoring for expired product, keeping assigned areas organized and clean, and entering replenishment orders as needed.
5. Responds to all requests in a timely, courteous, and friendly manner.
6. Charges all Supply Chain disbursements accurately and timely.
7. Processes returns/credits as required.
8. Re-stocks Omnicells in patient care area, monitors cells for expired product, and performs routine cycle counts (hospitals only).
9. Supports and participates in the continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of services provided by Supply Chain at assigned facility.
10. Adheres to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta’s time and attendance policy.
11. Picks up, sorts, and delivers mail (mailroom only).
12. Timely and accurately meters mail and ensures that all unidentified mail is properly investigated (mailroom only).
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Bending/Stooping – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Lifting – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Sitting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Walking – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 375 Dekalb Industrial Way, Decatur, GA 30030
Function: Supply Chain – Supply chain