Requisition Number: 45603
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Scope of Position:
In this role, we look for you to efficiently and effectively coordinate Corning Life Science's setup of new products in PeopleSoft ERP and pre-launch preparation for Business Operations, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Channel, Marcom, Pricing, Customer Service and Technical Service. You will be the main point of contact to begin the new product set up in Peoplesoft.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Lead the process of entering end products into Peoplesoft this includes;
- Lead the organization and facilitate kick off meeting for project-specific new product setup
- Ensure that the scope of the work, deliverables and roles are clearly defined
- Interface and coordinate with the new catalog product project teams to get all the necessary data into the business ERP and ensure preparations are completed by other functions
- Collect and enter NPR data into PeopleSoft
- Coordinate with manufacturing plants to develop and enter product costs and the activation of the product for sale in the appropriate regions
- Ensure appropriate product groupings in pricing and financial systems and entry of pricing into Model N(pricing tool).
- Coordinate completion of the appropriate dealer forms as required by the project's commercial plan
- Coordinate PeopleSoft related training of Customer Service and Technical Service by the commercial lead
- Maintains detailed knowledge of Item/Product data to support our supply chain systems and processes. Drives data standardization (e.g descriptions, numbering etc.)
- Works to maintain alignment of business processes and systems with changing business needs and requirements.
- Resolves local and global system data issues through investigation, root cause analysis and corrective action implementation.
- Involves IT and other SME’s as appropriate for problem resolution.
- Knowledgeable of all the dependencies between the different ERP modules, i.e. distribution, inventory, purchasing, manufacturing in order to understand the requirements and impact of the item/product data to support the business
- Will serve as a back to the Global Data Analyst.
- This consists of maintenance of existing products data and provide answer to general questions from commercial team on Peoplesoft
- Other duties as assigned
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Standard business hours; Monday – Friday.
- High School diploma required.
- Prefer AS or BS degree.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- Minimum of 1+ years Data Entry and PeopleSoft ERP or SAP experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in working with cross functional teams and project teams.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining data accuracy and integrity.
Desired Experience / Qualifications / Skills:
- Prior experience acting as a Subject Matter Expert in Peoplesoft
- Experience with data system analysis and running queries.
- Experience across the Global, Regions and/or supply chain technologies.
- SAP S4-Hanna experience.
- Experience with global manufacturing and distribution /Supply Chain through work, project experience.
- Actively looks for opportunities to improve processes
- Attention to detail, excellent organization, ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to enforce procedures and guidelines.
- Customer focused, rigorous and results oriented.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Work well under pressure.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.