Location Name: San Antonio, TX
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: 19100 Ridgewood Park, San Antonio, TX, United States (US), 78259
Education Level: Bachelor’s Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular – Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
The Supply Chain Business Representative's primary responsibility is to support the development and management of commercial initiatives related to supporting the MPL Gathering and Processing operations organization. This includes helping formalize contracts with various service providers and supporting the development and management of commercial initiatives as they relate to the Gathering and Processing organization. The role includes creating and retaining knowledge of contracts being managed at various stages. Additionally, the individual will minimize risk in supply chain processes to support operating components’ service requirements, including recognizing appropriate contracting strategies, developing awareness of associated operating risks, and qualifying contractors to assure appropriate criteria are adequately addressed. This individual should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work with the business unit stakeholders in a collaborative manner. The successful candidate should be a self-starter, able to conduct market analysis, develop bid packages, analyze proposals using a total cost of ownership methodology, negotiate and execute contracts, establish and maintain strategic business relationships with key suppliers, and validate cost savings. Travel of up to 25% may be required.
*****This position can be based out of San Antonio, TX, Denver, CO, or Canonsburg, PA******
• Business Partner Engagement – Works with the supported business unit to assess all requirements and develop sourcing and contracting strategies for goods and services.
• Sourcing Strategy – Supports the development and implementation of regional/local sourcing strategies.
• Sourcing Execution – Creates and leads sourcing events in Ariba. Aligns stakeholder and supply chain requirements, scope of work, and assumptions. Answers questions from bidders throughout event. Tabulates bid results and leads bid tabulation review with business unit stakeholders. Awards sourcing event in Ariba and manages follow-on activities, including contract and PO execution.
• Negotiations – Leads the preparation and negotiation of pricing and agreements with
main suppliers, and periodically renews pricelists, terms and conditions.
• Strategic Analysis – Runs benchmark studies, gathers and analyzes data, and makes recommendations. Performs root cause analysis related to supply challenges or disruptions.
• Contract Management – Initiates contract amendments to frame agreements on behalf of the local business and updates/maintains master agreements.
• Communication – Fosters communication internally, externally, and between different operational functions. First line contact for concerns related to operating needs, concerns, and supply chain support.
• Value Creation – Actively seek and identify opportunities for value creation (cost savings, cost avoidance, revenue enhancement) and risk reduction. Manage assigned business unit region to optimize the supply base and deliver financial benefit.
• Supplier Relationship Management – Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers to ensure service, commercial terms, and optimal leverage. As needed, develop and track KPIs for measuring performance for key suppliers/contractors. Facilitate issues resolution related to supplier performance.
• Supply Chain Excellence – Utilize Supply Chain tools, templates and systems, as prescribed by the Supply Chain Function. Collaborate with internal Supply Chain peers to drive continuous improvement, alignment, and best-in-class process optimization.
Education and Experience
• Minimum undergraduate degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Marketing,
Engineering, Business, Science or similar discipline required.
• Minimum 5 years of Supply Chain, Commercial, Contract Development or Contract
Management experience required.
• Field experience preferred.
• Strong contracting skills with in-depth understanding of the various contract Terms and
• Ability to develop negotiations strategy and conduct supplier negotiations with the
capability to meet targets, manage concessions, and deliver results.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data for use in decision-making and actions in support of
business strategy, including TCO and should cost modeling.
• SAP, Ariba, Tableau, PowerBi, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Office.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system. MPC’s marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.