Quality. Productivity. Efficiency.
Our Manufacturing and Quality teams are relentless in their pursuit of excellence, ensuring AGCO delivers the best products and services in the industry in the most efficient, cost-effective way. Their success fuels AGCO’s success.
We are currently seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer at our Hesston, Kansas location to support our supplier base to meet or exceed AGCO’s Welding and Fabrication quality performance standards. This highly visible and key position will be responsible for all supplier qualifications, supplier quality audits and technical reviews and facilitate New Product Introduction (NPI), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) phases to meet or exceed Supplier Production Part Approvals (PPAP), Right First Time targets. This position also offers multiple career paths for growth and development as well as ongoing engagement with global quality teams.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Facilitate all Supplier Qualification, Approval and Maintenance processes by leading on-site audits, technical reviews, post-audit corrective actions and PPAP requirements.
- Coordinate NPI – Part Development processes by leading APQP processes to meet project time-lines PPAP requirements, help suppliers to exceed "Fit, Form, Function" and reliability requirements and communicate DFM and DFA principles conducive to production efficiencies and continuous quality improvements with supplier deliverables.
- Guide Supplier Quality Management Systems & Supplier Process Improvements to continuously monitor and improve supplier quality performance (NCR, PPM, RFT) and facilitate problem solving and root cause analysis activities.
- Coordinate Supplier Warranty Reduction by collaborating with Technical Service and Supplier Recovery teams to gather, analyze and correct all field issues related to assigned suppliers.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelors / Associate’s degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering, Weld / Weld Automation Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related field.
- 3 plus years’ experience administering aspects of a quality management system for weld and steel fabrication within a mobile, agricultural or heavy equipment manufacturing environment.
- Experience administering quality control processes, problem-solving techniques, coordinating supply chain improvements with knowledge of destructive and non-destructive welding testing.
- Experience with APQP and PPAP requirements.
- Experience working with multi-functional groups, leading projects, as well as working with customers and suppliers.
A PLUS IF YOU HAVE
- Certified Weld Engineer or Inspector (CWE / CWI) certification
- Understanding of a variety of welded and fabricated applications with an emphasis in manufacturability.
- Developing new weld methods and have experience creating Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS).
- Able to review potential improvements and perform weld inspections pertaining to weld testing and validation processes.
- Working knowledge of AWS D14.3 and ASTM standards
WHAT WE OFFER
Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit while helping us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world’s nearly 8 billion people. From the day you decide to join AGCO, we want to engage and excite you and we’re clear on where we want to go as a business and we trust you to help us there. Whether you want to learn a new skill or you aspire to do something different, we can help you develop the skills you need to take your career – and our business – to the next level.
We also invite you to “Make the Most of You” – Benefits include: health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more…
Up to 50% upon lifting of travel restrictions.
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties,
responsibilities or benefits and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.