At Entergy, we’ve been planning for the future for more than 100 years. We’ve experienced a lot of change, generating power first from sawdust to now splitting atoms, harnessing sunlight and using abundant, clean and efficient natural gas.
We are on the verge of a monumental technology convergence, where reality swiftly catches up to possibility. The utility of the future does much more than keep the lights on and the gas flowing. It’s knowledgeable and skillful workforce will solve challenges and fuel a brighter, smarter, more prosperous future for everyone.
Having the lowest retail electricity rates of any utility in the United States drives economic growth within Entergy’s region, a key ingredient to sustained growth for any utility. We also believe a diverse workforce committed to personal and professional growth is critical to our success. We place a high priority on developing talent to meet current and future needs, giving employees opportunities to grow their careers their way.
This position serves as a key member of the Supplier Diversity and Sustainability team to help advance Entergy’s Supplier Diversity program inclusive of design and execution in the Entergy organization. This position supports the development, implementation, management and reporting of the supplier diversity program and results for a managed spend portfolio of $5B across the company’s Power Generation, Transmission, Distribution, Renewables, Nuclear, Indirect Spend and Capital Projects business functions.
This role will represent Entergy in the community, partner with key agencies, suppliers, and industry organizations. In addition, this role will interface with key internal stakeholder organizations to execute on business unit specific strategies to not only accelerate diverse and local spend in the supply base but also advance sustainability goals through Supply Chain sourcing activities.
Preferred office location is Jackson, MS. The position will require approximately 15-20% travel to Entergy locations, supplier diversity conferences/programs/forums, Entergy corporate/regional office locations and to supplier office/ job sites.
- Safety/Human Performance: Ensure a commitment to safety first. Exhibit strong safety behaviors, utilizing key tools such as Entergy’s risk and incident monitoring system. Assist diverse and local suppliers with understanding the Entergy safety culture and its importance to the way we work. Encouraging suppliers to proactively identify any safety concerns to their supplier diversity or supply chain contacts.
- Diverse and Local Spend:
- Accountable for assisting with the execution of progressive supplier diversity, local spend, and economic impact strategies that enable favorable outcomes for all key stakeholders.
- Partner with the business to set plans to achieve or exceed annual third party spend targets
- Responsible for the execution of programmatic elements of the program like training, mentorship and other development activities
- Review Entergy’s existing processes to help identify and mitigate barriers to entry for diverse and local suppliers to potentially do business with Entergy
- Partnerships & Relationships: Active partnership and leadership with diverse and local suppliers, industry groups, trade groups and local/state/federal organizations.
- Collaborate with the business unit and assigned supply chain team members to help match safe, competitive, competent diverse and local suppliers to business unit needs.
- Participate on sourcing teams/ projects as needed.
- -Identify and connect with diverse and local suppliers to evaluate how Entergy can partner with them. Help facilitate relationship building between these suppliers and the appropriate business unit.
- Participate on sourcing teams as needed
- Act as a supplier advocate, through education, awareness and promotion within the Entergy organization
- Collaborate with internal Sustainability and Diversity & Workforce Strategy teams as appropriate
- Data Analysis & Reporting: Compile, analyze and manage all program compliance-related reporting needs. Ability to query data and create insights from various reporting databases like PowerBI. Review monthly spend data to understand:
- spend baseline and local/diverse supplier makeup related to that baseline
- top suppliers and their performance
- economic impact of diverse and local supplier spend
- risks to the annual plan based upon spend that doesn’t deliver for assigned business units
- Project Management & Continuous Improvement: Possesses the ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously and close them to completion in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to assess existing supplier diversity and development processes and practices, analyze how they align to best in class and incorporate continuous improvement.
- Culture: At all times shall operate with the highest ethical standards and in full compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, regulations, and laws. Commitment to helping to build a diverse and inclusive team environment. Pursue continuous improvement with a focus on customer centricity.
Minimum education and experience required of the position
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, Engineering, Legal, or other related discipline and minimum 5+ years’ experience in supplier diversity and development roles OR in lieu of a degree, minimum 9+ years’ experience in supplier diversity and development roles.
Preferred Experience, Educaton, & Certifications:
- Supplier Diversity Certification and/or MBA preferred.
- 2+ years of Supply Chain sourcing experience
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
- Strong orientation towards Supplier Diversity and Development best practices
- Strong communication, facilitation, presentation and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence various stakeholder groups within a matrixed organization
- Proficient in issue resolution and conflict management
- Self starter with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in MS office Suite as well as analytical tools such as Power BI
- Ability to leverage external partnerships to support the supplier diversity and sustainability mission
Primary Location: Mississippi-Jackson
Job Function: Professional
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 102367
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.