Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Supervisor, Open Order Management is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Open Order Management team whose focus is on the execution of open customer orders and rejection codes. The Supervisor will be responsible for leading through implementation, talent management, change management and development of the team to ensure engagement as well as commitment to delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Supervises the daily operations of a team of approx. 8-15 Open Order Resolution Specialists
- Provides frequent, direct coaching and development to team members. Spends at least 60% of time working directly with team to guide development and performance
- Prepare metrics that drive improvements in open order and rejection code metrics
- Reviews performance metrics, diagnoses root cause of individual performance and develops an improvement plan where necessary. Must have the ability to problem solve both simple and complex issues from team members and business partners
- Plans, directs, supervises, and evaluates work flow of teams. Coordinates work activities to achieve the volume expected to meet operational requirements
- Responsible for selection/hiring; accountable for team member performance
- Drives employee engagement through direct interaction and support; celebrates team and individual success. Works to achieve increased employee engagement scores as reflected in previous internal surveys
- Works with Manager & Sr. Manager to make recommendations for organizational and operational improvements
- Owns and manages through processes/projects, as applicable
- Effectively develops team members to grow within role and position for advancement opportunities
- Administer escalation management and finalize best business solution.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Experience with SAP, SOE, CRM preferred. Proficient in SharePoint, Excel, Access, Word and/or other database and reporting tools.
- Proven leadership experience and track record of coaching for individual performance improvement and talent development. Passion for supporting team member development with an ability to energize others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on being an influential communicator; comfortable interacting with customers and internal partners in a professional manner in person, via phone and via written communication
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to shifting demands and competing priorities
- Ability to train and coach team members on processes, procedures, compliance and product knowledge
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks
- Ability to influence team members to achieve individual and team objectives
- Ability to foster, manage and leverage relationships at varying levels internally & externally.
- Ability to find creative solutions to problems impacting multiple teams.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, quickly learn and become competent in, and effectively apply new skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
“Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.”