Creative Arts Therapy Supervisor- Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
As a Creative Arts Therapy Supervisor you will:
Plan, organize, implement and supervise a well-rounded therapeutic program based in the creative arts therapies for an inpatient psychiatric population. Supervise members of the treatment team to maximize job performance. Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment.
As a Creative Arts Therapy Supervisor you require:
- A Master's Degree in Art Therapy, Dance/Movement Therapy, Music Therapy or Drama Therapy
- A minimum of 3 years work experience of direct practice in creative arts therapy or related field with experience in rehabilitation counseling with a psychiatric population preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
- NY State Licensed Creative Arts Therapist with current registration
- National Registration and Board Certification in one creative arts therapy modality (art, dance/movement, music or drama therapy)
- Practice in leading therapeutic psycho educational and creative arts based groups
- Knowledge of group dynamics and awareness of transference/counter transference within a therapeutic relationship
- Knowledge of current DSM psychiatric diagnosis and appropriate clinical interventions applicable to acute inpatient psychiatric care within the scope of practice for licensed creative arts therapists in New York State.
- Proficiency in word processing, Microsoft operating systems and programs.
Department: Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Bargaining Unit: Non Union Campus: MOSES Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 111 East 210th Street, Bronx
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID: 147986
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.