Req Id: 279516
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell’s network for our residential and business customers.
The Summer Student, Associate – Contract Management will report directly to the Manager of Field Operations. The focus of this position will be manually screen Cable Desk Incidents (CDI’s) and based on ticket volumes that fluctuate monthly for Bell Western Canada Regional, Fiber to the Premise (FTTP) and Massachusetts tickets.
Roles and responsibilities:
Your roles include, but are not limited:
- Monitor, manage all Before You Dig (BYDP) One Call and Dig Safe locate requests daily
- Prioritize fiber locate requests as per Bell/Axia locate guidelines
- Utilize databases and software programs to aid in the locate process (QGIS, Net cracker, AutoCAD)
- Interact with internal and external customers contractors to schedule field locates
- Understanding of the process and procedures for Damage Prevention (Bell screener scripts, crossing agreements, Utility Line assignments, Locate completions, Fiber Restoration)
- Collaborate with GIS/CAD team and handoff any mapping discrepancies
- Assist GIS/CAD team in tasks such as processing field locates, and project base work
- Master the Network infrastructure
- Basic understanding of common digging practices and excavation methods
- University Diploma or technical equivalent experience in any of the following:
- Customer service or call center experience
- GIS and drafting software such as QGIS and Autodesk applications
- Experience in management of multiple groups, to provide customers with an end-to-end experience
- Proficient communication skills over the phone
- Aptitude to learn new software and maintain efficient file management
- Ability to quickly prioritize information and take detailed notes
- Suitable keyboarding skills (30 words per minute)
- Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Job status: Summer student
- Work schedule: Monday to Friday: Daytime schedule
- Teleworking for the duration of the contract
- Location: 220,12th Avenue SW, Calgary
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Summer Student
Job Location: Canada : Alberta : Calgary
Application Deadline: 04/14/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, AB, Calgary
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.