You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Start Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Location: Rogers Place Arena, Edmonton, AB
Responsible for clerical functions and administrative support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee general operation of the unit office to include upkeep of operating cost records, associate files, compliance, record retention in addition to organization and filing of records and other operational supporting documentation that may be required.
- Answer telephones and directs inquires in a professional manner.
- Maintain confidential personnel files.
- Assist management staff in preparing confidential employment documents, including but not limited to proposed disciplinary notices.
- Open and routes incoming mail, answers correspondence and prepares outgoing mail.
- Assist with staffing, including finding staff when employees call out on short notice.
- Process vendor invoices for payment – making sure there is no discrepancy in pricing.
- Perform monthly vendor statement reconciliations.
- Assist in preparation of end of month financial reports.
- Attend in-service and/or safety meetings as required.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Administrative Assistants? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Post-secondary education in Office Administration, and/or one to two years of office administration experience.
- Strong verbal and written skills, with an ability to maintain good relationships with suppliers, staff, clients.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn various software programs quickly.
- Ability to adapt to a changing and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and take direction/feedback.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.