Req ID: 38121
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Other location(s): Los Angeles (CA)
Relocation benefits offered: Yes
Travel required: None
“I can be myself at work.”
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world ̶ everything that makes you unique. We’re working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
“I can influence my income.”
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
“I can lead a full life.”
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you’re raising a family, you’re passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we’ll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate’s ability to work remotely.
“I can succeed as a Strategy & Innovation Senior Associate at Capital Group.”
Capital Group’s Strategy & Innovation team partners closely with our Management Committee and leadership teams to identify, frame, research, and take action against the key strategic business questions that shape how we continue to deliver on Capital Group’s vision and mission. Our mandate is to think boldly, act nimbly, and test new ideas. Our work involves strategy, idea incubation, market intelligence, and operations. The team’s recent work (in partnership with others across Capital Group) includes:
- Incubating Capital Group’s first ESG products and developing the go-to-market strategy
- Building Capital Group’s sustainability and social responsibility strategy
- Developing the strategy for our international expansion efforts
As a Strategy & Innovation Senior Associate, you will have the opportunity to work on diverse initiatives in a collaborative team setting while building experience in corporate strategy and asset management. The work will be intellectually challenging with opportunity for significant business impact.
- You will have a high level of responsibility and own key modules on strategy projects
- You will drive high quality analysis, conduct rigorous research, and distill key strategic insights
- You will develop and present materials that frame key issues, logical fact-based recommendations, and trade-offs to senior leaders
- You will facilitate project definition and planning
- You will support the execution and implementation of key insights and recommendations
- You will collaborate with senior business leaders and cross-functional teams globally
I am the right person Capital Group is looking for:
- You have at least 2 years of experience in strategy or finance (e.g., experience at a management consulting firm, at an investment bank, or within a corporate strategy group)
- You possess strong research capabilities, superior analytical and critical thinking skills, and great attention to detail
- You can break down complex and ambiguous problems, develop hypotheses, and generate insights
- You can develop concise and effective verbal and written communications tailored to partners at all levels across the organization
- You have strong and demonstrated teaming skills, especially in cross-functional teams
- You are interested in business strategy and asset management
“I can apply in less than 4 minutes.”
You’ve reviewed this job posting and you’re ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community.
“I can learn more about Capital Group.”
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.