Requisition Number: 43467
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Global Supply Management (GSM) Function is recognized as a critical function for business success. It delivers the training, tools and opportunities needed to create innovative solutions for the function & the corporation. GSM has leading edge, effective processes to anticipate and exceed customer requirements.
Responsible for executing the strategic sourcing and procurement activities for IT Hardware, IT Software, IT Contingent Labor & Telecoms (mobile, landline, broadband) services, in support of and compliant with the IT Category sourcing strategy, Global Supply Management’s Strategic Sourcing strategies, policies, tactics and objectives.
- In conjunction with functional IT organization, manage the strategic procurement activities for global IT services and products.
- Areas of responsibility could include: IT Hardware, IT Software, IT Contingent Labor & Telecoms (mobile, landline, broadband) services
- Develop and implement related procurement strategies as required
- Consolidate spend, rationalize supply base
- Achieve efficiency improvements across the range of functionality
- Achieve cost reduction targets across the range of functionality
- Build strong alignment with Corning businesses, corporate Procurement and IT division globally
- Negotiate regional and global agreements
- Carry out tenders & RFx with help of e-procurement tools (e.g. Ariba)
- Develop, implement and manage contracts with suppliers, inclusive of redlining IT contracts and reviewing End User License Agreements
- Support the implementation and continued advocating of a strong Supplier Management process to ensure good supplier relations and strong SLAs with suppliers with a focus on service quality and reliability, responsiveness, service delivery and cycle time improvement. Leadership resolving any supplier service issues
- Support major IT projects, on regional and global level (e.g. integrations, acquisitions, HW/SW rollouts)
- Ensure Procurement early involvement, usage of preferred vendors and compliance with Corning’s Global Buying Policy and procedures. (i.e. Data Privacy /, Information Protection, Ethics Policy, Buying Policy, Code of Conduct, etc.)
- Significant interactions with GSM, IT and Legal leadership on global scale will be required
- Monitor latest commodity market trends to ensure fundamental understanding of industry pricing trends
- Fully understand IT vendors and their capabilities,
- Using position related understanding to negotiate effectively to achieve greatest value
- Run e-auctions across the commodity base when applicable
- Participate in on-going development and implementation of world-class IT Procurement strategies, practices and procedures
- Collaborate with the global IT customer base to investigate opportunities for synergies and rationalization of other legacy IT suppliers.
- Reports to Global IT Category Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related area
- 5+ years’ experience in a professional role for a global multi-national business.
- 3+ years Procurement/Strategic IT Sourcing experience.
- Experienced working in a matrix environment or in a global, multi-cultural cross-functional team.
- Exposure to implementing global strategic IT initiatives.
- Relevant experience in Supplier Relationship Management.
- High business acumen.
- Highly analytical.
- Proactive, efficient, autonomous and professional in the prioritization and execution of tasks.
- Proven capability to establish and maintain positive relationships with external suppliers and internal customers.
- Proficient in English negotiation level, at global exposure.
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, MS Projects).
- Bachelor's Degree in supply chain and/or IT concentration
- Potential for 10-15%
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.