Who is Foodbuy?
We are the industry leader in procurement and supply chain solutions. We are the subsidiary to the 6th largest company in the world (Compass Group PLC), yet Foodbuy has the feel of a small entrepreneurial Company. We pride ourselves on our ability to source and provide a variety of products and services that help our customers more easily, and cost effectively, run their businesses. We work with clients in the Hospitality, Restaurant, Healthcare, Education, Entertainment, and Gaming industries, and of course we support Compass Group– which is the world’s largest contract food and support services provider.
We care about our associates, our clients, and our community. We think big, encourage innovation and debate, and seek out game changers. Our benefits and PTO offerings are strong. Our compensation packages are competitive. And we are constantly growing, and we want our associates’ careers to grow along with us. We have an open and modern work environment, believe in flexibility, and promote a collaborative open door environment.
Additionally, we follow a value system called FORT, which stands for Flexibility, Optimistic, Resourceful, and Transparent. FORT is the foundation for everything we do at Foodbuy. It is how we behave and interact with our clients, business partners and fellow associates.
Foodbuy is the foodservice industry’s leading Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) focused on lowering purchasing and product costs for foodservice organizations. Verticals that we service include acute and long term Healthcare, Hospitality, and Gaming and Restaurants.
This Project Manager position, reporting into Foodbuy Projects, offers a unique opportunity to gain exposure leading impactful enterprise wide business initiatives. A successful candidate will own the complete life cycle of key projects and drive necessary change throughout. Projects include customer integrations, enterprise wide process change, large scale solution delivery and client support to strategic accounts.
This position can be based in our Charlotte, NC office or Alpharetta, GA office
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with all stakeholders, including senior executives, sponsors, business owners and field operations
- Document and analyze information and processes to solve critical business issues
- Build and manage (directly and indirectly) teams to meet the resource needs required of each project
- Create and execute end-to-end project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Proactively communicate project details across all levels of the organization and across multiple departments in a clear and concise manner
- Coordinate project activities between team members, while maximizing their productivity to achieve project goals
- Build internal and external business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Identify, assess and minimize risks throughout the project life cycle
- Create and maintain all project documentation pertinent to the project, including but not limited to, status reports, work plans, presentations
- Understand team dynamics and adapt project management methodology as needed to ensure project success
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations for change; identify flaws in logic or assumption errors
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Assist in developing project management best practices
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Graduate degrees preferred – MBA/ CPA /MSOD
- PMP and/or Lean Sigma certifications preferred
- 5 years of experience managing large, complex enterprise projects, particularly those involving a medium to significant degree of change across the organization
- “Big 4” consulting experience preferred
- Proven ability to define and execute change strategies
- Proven ability to influence and manage external resources
- Proven ability address competing priorities within a single project with a positive, can-do attitude
- Proven business analytical capabilities to solve complex business issues
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Proficiency Microsoft Office, Project and Visio programs
- Travel as needed (less than 25%)
Apply to Foodbuy today!
Foodbuy is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 551087