Requisition ID: 234135
Requisition Posting End Date: 06/23/2021
Bechtel National, Inc. (BNI), Bechtel’s government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national and homeland security. This position will provide support to the Uranium Processing Facility (UPF) located at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
UPF will be built by 2025 for $6.5 billion and will be a first-of-its-kind complex for enriched uranium operations in support of Y-12 missions. UPF is one of the Department of Energy’s largest investments in Tennessee since the Manhattan Project and one of the National Nuclear Security Administration’s largest construction projects. When complete, UPF will: replace a 70-year-old facility with modern buildings, reduce operational costs and energy consumption, improve worker safety, and provided enriched uranium capabilities well into the future.
UPF works a 9-80 schedule with every other Friday off. Start times are flexible but the standard workweek is: Monday- Thursday from 7:00 am to 4:30 pm. The schedule on working Fridays is: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm. Alternate shifts and significant overtime is expected (up to 50%) in the future.
Eligibility for this position requires US citizenship; the successful candidate must provide proof of US citizenship in order to obtain badge access to the site. Candidate must complete security questionnaire and successfully clear site access requirements check. All employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Must be able to obtain a security clearance, as applicable.
The primary role of the SU2O Startup Punchlist / Turnover Coordinator is for the implementation and execution of UPF system turnovers in accordance with UPF processes and procedures. The main focus will be the Turnover Packages from Startup to Operations, but will assist in the Turnovers from Construction to Startup. The SU2O Punchlist / Turnover Coordinator will report to and receive instruction on specific assignment objectives from the UPF Startup Turnover Lead.
Principle responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administers UPF turnover processes in accordance with project procedures.
- Serves as the point of contact for system turnover issues.
- Ensures timely development of Startup turnover packages to Operations.
- Participates in facility/system walk-downs and manages punch list items after Construction turnovers to Startup.
- Assists in reviews and processes turnover packages for subsequent turnover to final Owners.
- A recognized degree in engineering or related scientific discipline from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of 9 (grade 26) or 13 (grade 27) years of related Startup, Commissioning, or Operational experience, 4 years of which involved direct Turnover experience.
- In lieu of a formal degree, High School diploma or GED plus a minimum of 15 (grade 26) or 19 (grade 27) years of related Startup, Commissioning, or Operational experience, 4 years of which involved direct Turnover program experience.
- Working knowledge of TeamWorks and Setroute.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain a site security badge for access to the worksite.
- In-depth knowledge in the areas of and knowledge of principles and practices related to Construction, startup testing and Turnover.
- Good knowledge of related construction and engineering practices and the economics involved.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, and design criteria.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience preparing, presenting, and processing turnover documentation
- Previous experience and knowledge of Bechtel Startup procedures, programs, and processes
- Previous experience as a Bechtel Startup (Commissioning) Engineer scheduling and performing system checkout operation, and turnover.
- Previous commercial nuclear/Department of Energy, or Department of Defense (DOD) experience
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.