Department: DIL Pharmacy
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Pharmacy Department Manager
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide quality pharmaceutical, health-related and other services to the customer. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform pharmacy functions in an efficient, accurate and friendly manner.
- Validate each prescription and questions any prescription judged incorrect or fraudulent.
- Check each prescription, filled by themselves or by Pharmacy Technicians, for proper contents, complete label and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Maintain patient medication records on each patient.
- Available for consultation with patients on health-related matters.
- Advise patients of the proper use of prescription and non-prescription products.
- Present a professional image to the patient.
- Consult with physicians on the proper use of drug products.
- Have power of attorney to sign for all narcotic orders.
- Provide verbal patient counseling on all new prescriptions.
- Comply with all Federal and State laws, which pertain to the practice of pharmacy.
- Remove and exclude products from the pharmacy which are defective, recalled, adulterated, or misbranded.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to tactfully and calmly handle stressful situations and make a positive impression on associates and customers.
- Past work record reflects dependability and integrity.
- Must be licensed by the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy and comply with all Federal and State laws which pertain to the practice of Pharmacy.
- Must be Immunization Certified, or in the process of completing this certification.
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: Pharmacy Degree (BS-Pharmacy/PharmD) Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License