Requisition Id : 129596
Additional Work Location(s) :
The Stability Performance Engineer will be part of a team responsible for developing the software components for Telematics Products
• System monitoring, profiling, and optimization of startup/boot time, CPU load, and memory bandwidth.
• Analysis, evaluation and clarification of customer requirements including change requests.
• Analysis of issues and actively coordinating the bug-fixing with all involved parties.
• Supporting the efforts related to overall system startup, stability and performance concepts.
• Monitoring the domains and suppliers in respect to stability and performance aspects.
• Analysis of the stability related issues (back trace extraction, core file analysis, etc.) and support domains solving these issues.
• Alignment of implementation concepts with Software and System architecture.
• Interaction with other Functional Owners to ensure compliance with the stability/performance policies.
• Participation in performance reviews and in customer meetings.
• Reporting of domain status to stakeholders.
• Working knowledge of software development processes.
• Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
• Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other relevant (IT connected) specializations
• At least 5-year of experience in embedded systems, preferable in automotive
• 5-year+ experience in SW development (OOA, OOD, OOP)
• Expertise in stabilization of embedded systems
• Analytical skills and good system understanding in the embedded SW area.
• Expertise in system introspection, system, stability and performance
• Knowledge in automotive System-/SW Engineering
• Good knowledge in operating system architecture and inter process communication methods
• Self-driven, autonomous and systematic way of working and able to help other achieve this.
• Good English language skills.
• Knowledge in Infotainment/Telematics systems and experience in working inside Automotive projects
• Good understanding and working skills in C++, Linux, SW architecture (UML), MS Office tools
• Knowledge in SW development processes (e.g. V-Model, ASPICE, etc.)
• Knowledge in Linux, AUTOSAR core technology
• Willingness to travel (0-20% of time) depending on the project necessities
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)