Work Schedule/Days: Variable / Variable
Employment Type: PRN
Location: Scottish Rite
Requisition #: 80408
To plan, implement and evaluate the provision of high quality medical care, with appropriate resource management, to children and adolescents in the respective clinical area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current DEA registration
- Board certified and licensed to practice medicine in the state of Georgia
- BLS or PALS as required by the area assigned within 90 days of hire
- No minimum experience required
- Experience in respective clinical area
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Provides patient care within the respective clinical area which complies with the Professional Staff Bylaws, rules and regulations and Children’s policies and procedures.
- Participates in and incorporates Quality Improvement and research findings into practice.
- Provides and/or serves as a resource for patient/family and staff education.
- Provides an authenticated report of all physician services rendered and maintains accurate and complete records in an acceptable manner.
- Completes necessary documentation and ensures communication to facilitate patent care and appropriate reimbursement.
- Participates in meetings/activities as required to support operations of the clinical area.
- Participates in activities that enhance professional development, complete and maintain certification and maintains any additional specialty training/certifications as required by the area assigned within 60 days of hire.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Bending/Stooping – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Walking – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistance
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Definite potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Physician/PhD – Physician/PhD