Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Service Delivery handles all implementation activities following order signature, from order placement through service activation; incorporating order verification, design, build, test and activate, with customer communication and updates through the implementation journey.
This is an exciting new role, who will play a key part in planning and coordinating activities across Provisioning to help implement the Service Delivery transformation strategy. This role will take requirements/definitions for change and help design and implement, ensuring smooth adoption by Provisioning.
The Main Responsibilities
Technology/telecom operations professional with some experience in assisting transformation and/or business change.
High knowledge in many of Transport, DWDM, Carrier Ethernet, MPLS/VPN, SD-WAN, Internet/IP, Voice/UC, Cloud, Hosting, Fibre, Colocation, Security (with process/technical specialism in 1-2) and can talk authoritatively at a detailed process level, whilst having an eye for the big-picture objective)
Enthusiastic and self-motivated, able to operate across discrete teams, showing innovation and entrepreneurial qualities with a structured and methodical approach to execution, ensuring timelines are met, and benefits are realised.
Advocates digital & customer-first ethos, leading and driving change in mindsets as much as tangible deliverables.
Thrives operating in complex global environments, gaining credibility from front-line staff up to middle-management.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Experience in technology/network environments, preferably in a technical Service Delivery and/or operational capacity
- Subject matter expertise in technical/system/process components of Service Delivery (or Operations) processes
- Ability and drive to work remotely across multiple time zones to lead stakeholders in Lumen teams across the world
- Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- Able to rapidly absorb new techniques and processes and apply them effectively
- Able to plan, schedule and check work activities to meet time and quality targets
- Strong technical background and understanding of the business value that technology and change can bring
- Strong communication, influencing, negotiation and relationship-building skills; ability to build consensus within and across a diverse organisation
Requisition #: 253191
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
When applying for an internal role, you must:
● Have been in your current role, and employed by CenturyLink, for a minimum of twelve months.
● Confirm to your Line Manager which role you have applied for.
● Not have any current disciplinary action recorded against you.
● Not be on a current performance improvement plan (PIP).