Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 40579
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
American Airlines is looking for Technical coaches of all levels. As a Technical coach at American Airlines, you will be guiding product teams and leaders to achieve the company objectives and product vision through the use of engineering principles. American Airlines believes that our purpose is to care for our people on life’s journey, customer or team member. You will be part of a team of coaches making a difference for millions of customers and more than 100,000 team members.
Our goal is to create an enviable, engineering-centric workplace. What does that mean though? Deploying is painless, you have a strong voice, communication flows, we experiment with our products, and we exploit new technology to continuously improve how we work. Of course, we also want to make sure we are having fun, working with, and caring for amazing people.
- The role of the Senior Technical coach is to help product teams, products/product groups and portfolios, get to the next level of customer delivery
- As a Senior Technical coach, you will leverage your technical and engineering experience getting hands on to solve real world problems, guiding leaders and teams to understand, embrace and evangelize modern engineering practices
- This will be an opportunity to influence the technical strategies and reinforce current strategies to deliver amazing tech products to our customers
- The Senior Technical coach will also play an integral role in influencing technical coaching strategies as well as mentoring other coaches to build a world class coaching organization
- The Senior Technical coach will be developing cutting edge code side by side with teams every day
What you’ll do
- Serve as a go-to expert on modern technology, architecture, engineering, and DevOps practices
- Work with technical teams and leaders throughout the enterprise to influence and support the engineering culture at American Airlines
- Collaborate with product teams on reaching the next level of customer delivery leveraging technology and modern engineering practices
- Be a mentor and getting hands on with other technical coaches, software engineers, technical leads, or architects on learning and applying modern architecture, DevOps and engineering practices to solve business problems
- Design and develop facilitator-lead materials related to modern engineering practices
- Bring your real-world software engineering experience to the enablement organization to help build a viable community of technical coaches and practitioners throughout the enterprise
- Through coaching soft skills, build trust, evaluate team’s current practices /methodologies and recommend appropriate next steps to achieve modern engineering outcomes
- Develop and influence learning strategies for software engineers, technical leads, architects, and other technical leaders
- This list is intended to reflect the current job, but there may be additional essential functions (and certainly non-essential job functions) that are not referenced
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
Required (At least 3 of the following):
- 4 years of software engineering and/or DevOps experience
- Experienced as a tech lead on a software engineering team
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related fields or equivalent work experience
- Hands-on experience with engineering practices such as object-oriented design patterns, Extreme Programming, cloud design patterns, TDD, BDD, refactoring, automation, or continuous integration
- Experience with implementing and operating DevOps tools/platforms across some part of the development lifecycle.
- These could include but may not be limited to Azure cloud computing, GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Hygieia, SonarQube, New Relic, or other similar tools
- Proven experience in SQL and ability to design relational database schemas
- Experience in coaching and mentoring others on various development, build, and deployment practices as well as DevOps principles
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Experience in multiple programing languages and IDE
- Experience in designing and implementing automated test suites
- Proven experience in web framework
- Experience designing, implementing and using end to end Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Deep infrastructure experience delivering and operating either virtualized on-premises or public cloud services in a large-scale production environment (for example: network, security, or deployment automation)
- Familiarity with microservices architecture
- Experience delivering software using an agile methodology like Extreme Programming, Kanban, or Scrum
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Ability to assess agility needs and make recommendations based on product team needs
- Ability to identify when /where flow of work is impeded and work with the team to remove those impediments
- A growth mindset with enthusiasm for learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems
- Expert communication skills with teams and leaders at all levels
- Ability to find creative ways of improving and simplifying solutions, systems, and processes without getting bogged down in blockers or bottlenecks
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 40579