Additional Locations: (n/a)
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the role:
Provides project support and executes activities to ensure the safety, quality, and compliance for the design of launched products while continuously improving their commercial value through end of life. Coordinates with internal functions and external suppliers to identify and execute electrical sustaining projects. Applies project management and problem-solving skills to manage multiple activities concurrently.
Your responsibilities include:
- Leads project teams that include Designers, Engineers and Technicians in the design, analyis and troubleshooting for printed circuit assemblies.
- Analyze and redesign printed circuit assemblies for obsolescence and product improvement
- Coordinates, monitors, and documents project designs, estimates, and costs.
- Evaluate current production and customer returned circuit assemblies to identify failure trends, implement methods of preventing future failures, and communicate findings to improve next-generation designs
- Designs electrical systems and specifies electrical components.
- Experienced & in-depth knowledge in SMT, Mechanical assembly, soldering, cleaning processes, etc. Knowledgeable in various PCB laminates and their processing.
- Supports Design Transfer activities from R&D to Sustaining Engineering.
- Working knowledge of PCB and PCBA manufacturing processes.
- Familiarity with electronics manufacturing industry standards and practices (e.g. IPC 600/610)
- Fluent in statistical data analysis, statistical process control (SPC), design of experiments (DOE), design for manufacturability (DFM), failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA).
- Supports design related CAPA projects and VIP projects, as well as corporate strategic projects (i.e. StAR projects), EOL projects, Operations request for support, plant moves and acquisitions.
- Project planning in support of Sustaining projects and activities.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other related technical field
- 3 or more years of experience working with design controls and process validation
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering or other related technical field
- 3 years medical industry experience
- Experience leading 2+ projects to drive product design changes or process changes
- Experience participating in 2+ new product development projects and related product transfer and scale-up activities
- MiniTab, SolidWorks, SAP and PDM experience is a plus.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Requisition ID: 477268