Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Senior Space Equipment Control Analyst monitors all Amtrak and Commuter trains operating performance, maintains schedule standards and anticipates any problems that may develop. The position supports the Manager Train Operations, Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent in achieving operations, service, financial and business goals for the commuter operation.
- Maintains frequent contact with CETC, operation managers, mechanical managers, crew dispatchers, and Superintendents and Asst. Superintendent with all day-to-day facets of the operation.
- Organizes Amtrak and Commuter trains for proper mark-up and on-time departure.
- Liaison to mechanical forces, customer service, Amtrak and commuter staff and provides information that may result in delay.
- Provides on site management to coordinate crew and equipment manipulation in the event of emergencies.
- High School diploma
- Prior satisfactory work experience and proven leadership skills.
- One – three years transportation experience or mechanical service.
- Understanding and knowledge of various computer systems and programs.
- Extensive managerial oversight experience of train and yard movements.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated skills using PC based software (Microsoft Excel, Access); Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Masters Degree in Transportation or related discipline.
- Senior management experience in related field.
- Experience with train operations, crew management operations, passenger handling and service delivery; preferably commuter operation.
- Must possess a working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulations and applicable Amtrak labor agreements pertaining to on-board employees and train crews.
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Posting Location(s):District of Columbia
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Transportation || Work on the Train